Lavender Orpington Thread

Pics
Now a question about temperament: What are the adult lav orp roos like? When/if he becomes aggressive, at what age does that happen?

I only have experience with one EE roo. He was ours since hatching & remained tame past his 1st b-day. (My daughter even played dress up with him, so I was always told he was an exception.) His only problems were the constant crowing & he mated the girls bald. I believe I finally heard our lav orp boy crow (at about 20 weeks). Still not very strong or loud. I see no change in his behavior. He's no snuggle muffin like our former boy but will take treats from our hands.

I was hoping someone might be able to confirm my thinking. I has two chicks and I was under the impression I had one of each then something happened to the one I though was my hen. So do I have a roo here?
It is 9 weeks old and I can see waddles forming. Not sure if you can see it good in these pics.

Last edited:
Looks like a cute pullet to me!
I was hoping someone might be able to confirm my thinking. I has two chicks and I was under the impression I had one of each then something happened to the one I though was my hen. So do I have a roo here?
It is 9 weeks old and I can see waddles forming. Not sure if you can see it good in these pics.

wee.gif
I sure do hope so. She is very bold and curious..... but one of my favorites. I sure hope she continues to be a she. LOL But I know how these things go.
fl.gif

Thank you for replying.

[/IMG]

We bought a lavender rooster about a year ago and decided to add some more. We bought unsexed chicks
and ended up with two hens and three roosters. They are about 19 weeks. They are such pretty birds. We are going to have re-home these three if anyone is interested

Back
Top Bottom