Lavender Orpington Thread

All poultry gatherings, have been banned in our state through the remainder of 2015 due to the devastating losses we have had due to AI. The county and state fairs are going to seem bleak. They won't allow swap meets, or anything.

I was wondering how that would effect many different things chicken/bird related. That is the bird flu, right? I am in CA and wouldn't be shocked if they banned it also. In my general area there isn't a huge population of chicken breeders or those that raise chickens, but I am sure they want to protect whatever they can and prevent its spread.

I hatched 10 LO babies. They are now 3 weeks old, and I noticed yesterday that one's head looks funny. I don't notice this on any of the others. Its soft and puffy feeling, almost like its filled with fluid. I hope its not a tumor or something. Does this look normal for the breed? I don't have any older ones.

I hatched 10 LO babies. They are now 3 weeks old, and I noticed yesterday that one's head looks funny. I don't notice this on any of the others. Its soft and puffy feeling, almost like its filled with fluid. I hope its not a tumor or something. Does this look normal for the breed? I don't have any older ones.

No vet experience, but It does not look normal to me.

No vet experience, but It does not look normal to me.
I provided two roosters to a fellow that says he created them in the USA. They came from EE's one looked like an Orp and the other looked like an Orp with a little crest. Some people even have green egg layers. Can;t believe they were never cleaned up to be right.

Back
Top Bottom