Lavender Orpington Thread

My babies are just about 3 weeks. I'm hoping for at least 2 girls out of this 6!!!

Right now I'm hatching some elo's and some standard lavender but they've managed to somehow slip thru my device and unite. Is there any way to tell the difference between the 2 while they're so young? I've looked but I don't see anything that stands out.

My lavos are getting big, and now big enough it's starting to be clear who's a boy and who's a girl.

They're at 14wks now and I need to find homes from the boys -- any SF Bay Area takers interested?

Organically fed from the start (S&P feeds, on "Grower" now) and free-ranged. Beautiful birds, wonderful temperament.

I expect I have about seven of them, given the 50/50 expected split for straight run.

My lavos are getting big, and now big enough it's starting to be clear who's a boy and who's a girl. They're at 14wks now and I need to find homes from the boys -- any SF Bay Area takers interested? [COLOR=222222]Organically fed from the start (S&P feeds, on "Grower" now) and free-ranged. Beautiful birds, wonderful temperament.[/COLOR] [COLOR=222222]I expect I have about seven of them, given the 50/50 expected split for straight run.[/COLOR]
Wow they are very pretty boys! Sorry I can't take them. Think I'm going to have a couple extras myself!

Just wanted to stop by & show off my little lav orp. (8wks)
She's so sweet & super calm. DD hatched a bunch of chicks & it looks like this is one she plans on keeping. Now we need a name.
Her other fav is a blk/lav split roo:

Just wanted to stop by & show off my little lav orp. (8wks) She's so sweet & super calm. DD hatched a bunch of chicks & it looks like this is one she plans on keeping. Now we need a name. Her other fav is a blk/lav split roo:
Very nice! Yours are a week older than mine. They are really growing at this point. I hatched 10, and got 1 black, so far I'm fairly certain its a pullet. I think I have 3 roos out of my 10.

Back
Top Bottom