Lavender Orpington Thread

I just had these two hatch yesterday. :)

I got two Lavender Orps from a breeder about 2 months ago, they were about 10 weeks old at the time. They are extremely skittish. I also bought some Marans and they are a lot less skittish than the Orps (got them from the same place and same time).

My question is, is this a characteristic of the breed (or the particular breeding), or is it because I got them at 10 weeks old? The one Maran loved us from the day she got here.

Mine are between 15-16 weeks old, and I hatched them. They are still alot more skittish than any of my others. I have golden comets that follow me around like puppies. A couple of the LOs are not as skittish... 3 cockerels and 7 hens, the males have been nicer, but they are maturing now (hilarious learning to crow!) and have gotten a bit more standoffish, but just a couple of the girls are friendly.
I'd like to know others experience too.

I got Lav orp that was 7 weeks?, I put her in with a frizzle that was lonely, they were both shy at first then they both became the most friendly. the LO ended up being much bigger. They act like one chicken.

Back
Top Bottom