Lavender Orpington Thread

Oh I hope so! I will see if I can get a closer up of the two. Wingsparrow has a larger comb that Jubilee.

Oh I hope so! I will see if I can get a closer up of the two. Wingsparrow has a larger comb that Jubilee.

I posted pictures above for you to reference. I wanted to mention that my BO are all 20 weeks old and one has a full red comb and some still have a peachy/pink comb. They mature differently across the same breed, just like people I guess...

So they are both likely pulleys then!? Thank you so much for the references! It'll be devastating if she is a he because we cannot keep a roo. The kiddos are so attached to them due to all the trauma we've been through with our flock. Getting rid of a healthy happy chick would be AWEFUL!

WVduckychick I see you like frizzles too. I have an isbar hen who is sitting on the frizzle/LO egg along with 4 coocoo maran/frizzle eggs, and 4 grey egger frizzles.

Last edited:
My frizzle is a bantam cochin. I'm not sure if he's blue or lavender or what. His girl is smooth barred... I think she'll stay black barred. That's the only pair of bantams I have so far, they are just 8 weeks (I have 32 more bantams in the Bator!) So my little frizzle wont be able to mate my LOs! He might try though! Lol But I love the frizzles!

Last edited:
Question: Will a standard orp roo mate a bantam Orpington female?
We have 2 bantams in the flock. They all get along fine, so I prefer not to separate. The male is for protection, but he starting to service the hens. So far, he seems to leave the pullets & the bantams alone.

Back
Top Bottom