Lavender Orpington Thread

I received an order of chicks on August 25th, so they're going to be 12 weeks old on Monday. I ordered 5 female chicks (one passed away at 7 weeks old from an unknown cause that started when she arrived ). My lavender orpington has had me concerned about gender, and I figured it can't hurt to get more opinions. She has a fairly small comb that is slightly pink but can occasionally act very much like a cockerel. I've figured that it could maybe be due to the fact the she is just dominant. Let me know what you all think! Thanks!

Beautiful! I don't have a clue on the gender. Just wanted to say she's beautiful.

Yes I found him a great home with a lady I work with. He has 14 ladies to keep him busy.
YAY!

sounds like one lucky bird, I have a black rooster with a blondish neck he is young maybe 6-7 months has not crowed just started to breed, I think he may be a brama mix, I don't really want to chose him, but I am waiting for someone "blue feathered" to come up. But he is not crowing, so that is a bonus
he is the little black one in this pic He is not mean and is not mean to the hens.
awh, precious!

My lavender Orpington went clucky and is now sitting on 13 eggs she looks like she will be a good mum
fl.gif

This is Tootie. She was the only hatch from my second batch. No more shipped eggs for me. I hope between the 3 I have now that I at least have one girl. My dream would be 2 girls 1 boy, lol
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom