dariankelsey

In the Brooder
Aug 28, 2020
PLEASE SHOW ME YOUR LAVENDER ORPINGTON x EE PICS!

I am a fairly new “chicken lady” hatching some of eggs from my existing flock with one of my favorite ladies, Silvia (lavender orpington) and my funniest roo, George (Brown Red Easter Egger, strong ameraucana features).

Has anyone crossed Lavender Orpington x Easter Egger Roo? If so, what do they look like!?

Pictures of parents attached! Apologies for quality, I will try to get better, more recent, ones tomorrow.

thank you in advance!! 🤗

Attachments

• C499F47C-8FBA-4880-A993-57A0533D0DF5.jpeg
    C499F47C-8FBA-4880-A993-57A0533D0DF5.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 85
  • CE3A89AB-0990-4C7B-A928-20C2B29C1224.jpeg
    CE3A89AB-0990-4C7B-A928-20C2B29C1224.jpeg
    785.5 KB · Views: 30
  • F22F0B00-4946-4843-B689-ED525BE79DD2.jpeg
    F22F0B00-4946-4843-B689-ED525BE79DD2.jpeg
    556.6 KB · Views: 37
PLEASE SHOW ME YOUR LAVENDER ORPINGTON x EE PICS!

I am a fairly new “chicken lady” hatching some of eggs from my existing flock with one of my favorite ladies, Silvia (lavender orpington) and my funniest roo, George (Brown Red Easter Egger, strong ameraucana features).

Has anyone crossed Lavender Orpington x Easter Egger Roo? If so, what do they look like!?

Pictures of parents attached! Apologies for quality, I will try to get better, more recent, ones tomorrow.

thank you in advance!! 🤗
Nice birds! I have not personally done this cross, but genetically speaking, the chicks will likely be black or mostly black possibly with some red and other color leakage. Will likely have modified pea combs. Sounds like a fun cross. Please post photos of the chicks when you get them!😊

This cross wasn’t intentional (lol) and I was concerned chicks would have weird plumage but nope! They were darling chicks and now they’re beautiful.. solid black birds.. just like @JacinLarkwell predicted. Mom’s name is Pickles so we call this batch of babies “the gherkins”
:p
. View attachment 2889749View attachment 2889754
For the purists out there.. this roo is a black copper maran not an Easter egger, but he just passed away 5 days ago so I guess part of the reason I wanted to reply to this post was to show him off. Best bird we’ve ever had. He’s passed on his beautiful coloring with 3 diff. batches of chicks. Grateful and sad. Love you, Spike 😔

For the purists out there.. this roo is a black copper maran not an Easter egger, but he just passed away 5 days ago so I guess part of the reason I wanted to reply to this post was to show him off. Best bird we’ve ever had. He’s passed on his beautiful coloring with 3 diff. batches of chicks. Grateful and sad. Love you, Spike 😔
So sorry for your loss, he was very handsome! ❤️

Spike was a handsome boy! Sorry you had to say goodbye. His legacy gets to live on though and I hope that brings you some comfort.

Back
Top Bottom