Leg band help?

A second set of hands, one to hold, and one to zip tie, helps make the process easier. Make sure when you clip the end of the zip tie off, to make it flush with the locking part. If it's overhanging, I've had my birds grab hold of it with the beaks and tighten it up too much on their own.

I do them alone, put them on their side on my lap with a long apron to form a sling, hold bird down with left forearm so I can use left hand to hold leg and help with tie, right hand finishes it up.
Takes some practice and depends on how well bird tolerates handling. Sometimes have to cover birds head with small towel to calm them.

A second set of hands, one to hold, and one to zip tie, helps make the process easier. Make sure when you clip the end of the zip tie off, to make it flush with the locking part. If it's overhanging, I've had my birds grab hold of it with the beaks and tighten it up too much on their own.
I didn't even think of that, I'll make sure that the ends of the ties aren't overhanging!

I do them alone, put them on their side on my lap with a long apron to form a sling, hold bird down with left forearm so I can use left hand to hold leg and help with tie, right hand finishes it up.
Takes some practice and depends on how well bird tolerates handling. Sometimes have to cover birds head with small towel to calm them.
I think that I will have someone else help me out. As these will be new birds I also don't think that they'll like being held to much right off the bat, so I'll try to put the ties on then leave them be.

Back
Top Bottom