Votes: 3 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mei gao

Hatching
May 13, 2018
E84vn6d7QzaAsQPI9oTDDQ.jpg
I raised Chicken when I was in China 40 years ago. I loved them and they rewarded me for a lot orgarnic eggs.
I live in NE Philadelphia and decided to raise chicken in my secured backyard here recently. I bought 6 chicken from Agway on 4/15/2018. First week I put them inside my home, watching them grow. I built a backyard coop for them. After 10 days when weather nice I brought them to outside coop and let them run at my secured back yard. Them were so happy outside. But one day my next door's dog saw them and started barking. Owner of the dog were not happy and reported to Animal Care& Control Team. ACCT sent me a warning letter and said "It is illegal for you to own those animals or have as pets---". Then I have to gave all my baby chicken to a farmer. I missed them so much. I want to change the law to allow to raise chicken in secured back yard.

Please help to legalize backyard chicken !!

Last edited:
Get a list of reasons why they are great, propose your idea to the city council, suggest certain restrictions such as amount of chickens allowed, etc. start a petition and get others in your area to sign it. Just some ideas.

Also... WELCOME TO BYC!!!
:welcome

Back
Top Bottom