Leghorn Destructivenss

If they are already pullets, I would go with the barred rocks. They are generally friendly and good egg layers. Cricket, my leghorn, is a lap chicken, but she was also raised inside my house 😉

Got 3 barred rocks today - 3 months old. I am surprised at how soft and pretty their feathers are.
Ooh! Pics and updates on how they are settling in! Just a thought, if it’s a large space you can keep them cooped with food & water for a few days so they know what their house is…if it’s a small space hopefully it is fenced, and they might need some help going inside at night. 😊 I hope you enjoy them!

My coop sits inside a 10x10 covered pen, so I put them in the pen to get familiar with it. Around sunset, I put them on the roost in the coop and they stayed right there. I like their calm demeanor. I had a few Polish recently that drove me bonkers with their flightiness - gave them to a friend. I think these girls are more my style.

My coop sits inside a 10x10 covered pen, so I put them in the pen to get familiar with it. Around sunset, I put them on the roost in the coop and they stayed right there. I like their calm demeanor. I had a few Polish recently that drove me bonkers with their flightiness - gave them to a friend. I think these girls are more my style.
Awesome! Barred Rocks have been my favorite personality of chickens so far! And they are so pretty…

Mainly eggs, but I want a friendly chicken, too. I'm thinking of going with barred rocks.
I have rir hens and they're very friendly and mellow, kind of noisy sometimes though. I never found leghorns to be friendly and they can be a bit flighty and skittish though some people that have they say they're ok. I'd go with the barred rock or the rir.

Back
Top Bottom