Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics

Lanissa86

Songster
11 Years
Mar 26, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I wanted to start this to see the progress of everyone's birds that were received from wwmicasa1's (Lynns') Birds.
pop.gif

Or, if your are starting your own breeding of Lemon Blue cochins, Please share your pics and stories too!
big_smile.png

Lynn, please post how your project is going! How are your babies feathering out? Please post pics and keep us all updated on how your project is coming along. I have 2 Roosters, and deciding if I should keep both and separate them with their own girls or just keep one....

I will post pics of my Crew soon!
frow.gif

Last edited:
OK I couldn't find the post, so here is goes -

The blue gene works on black and red to fade them. The gene works the same way on all colors of birds, so you get a variety of results depending on the base colors. To produce true Lemon Blues, you start with Brown Red (black body with reddish brown head) and use a blue to get to Lemon Blue (grey body color with yellowish head). Splashes are whitish birds with blue and yellow splash markings in the areas that a LB has those colors.

The Andalusian genetics work like this:

BR x BR = 100% BR
BR x LB = 50% BR, 50% LB
LB x LB = 25% BR, 50% LB, 50% splash
Spl x Spl = 100% splash
Spl x BR = 100% LB
Spl x LB = 25% LB, 75% splash

If you breed splashes together or to LB, the color becomes more washed-out with each generation. It is probably best to cross these with a BR for best color.

Most LF LB's are actually buff crosses and not genetically LB. There are a few people working on LF BR's, and when they are available there will be LF LB's available as well.

LB is an ABA accepted color in bantams, but not an APA accepted color.

Last edited:
These birds are gorgeous. I've been looking for standard cochins of this quality for some time in lemon blue and mille fleur with no luck. Do you sell eggs?
I plan to next year but now I'm trying to get the numbers up in my flock. I will sell started birds though in the fall. There isn't a mille fleur in LF Cochins yet. They are working on them in some areas but are extremely hard to find.

Nana -

On Lemon Blues, the lacing is generally limited to the hackle and breast on hens. Additionally, it is the reverse of what you've got - "lemony" on the edge and blue on the feather body.

If I had to guess I'd say a variant of blue laced something, possibly on a wheaten base (ewh) rather than on a birchen base (ER). The wheatens tend to have much more body lacing than the birchens.

Dave

Hi friend I am not a breeder but it seems that our friend from this forum wwmicasa1 is working on them...you should P.M him/her to get more info

check one of her roosters..I find him so exquisite...

Back
Top Bottom