Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics
love.gif
droolin.gif

WildWood-
Don't get discouraged! Because the BR (or LB) birds are rare with not many breeders working on them, the quality usually needs to be built over time. The standards were written for the ideal birds, not necessarily what's actual out there. It's a whole picture target.

If you're going forward, I would maybe look for BRs or even (silver) Birchens to bring in to start working on the breast lacing. As far as I know, the only way to get it is using the ER allele which is in the Birchen varieties - although some lines of blues can have ER as well. That also may help with the striping and pattern of red in the male chicks.

It may take some time and searching to find appropriate birchen based birds, but they're out there. No promises, but if my breeding goes according to plans, I may have some next breeding season. Hopefully I've enough breeders that I'll have surpluses from my LB project available once they grow out some. They will likely not champions but the should be step in the right direction. I'll be posting updates so you can watch for them.

Dave

These are my start to Brown Red/Lemon Blue bantam cochins. Such 2 striking colors!
The best shaped so far but along wrong with color--incomplete lacing, shafting.
The LB cockerel I really like on left and pullet at right. She really shows shafting in her breast feathers
The three cockerels. The one at far right is available for sale.
My favorite, just love the colors on him and not too bad for type so far. he's young yet

Back
Top Bottom