Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics
I am not sure if they are true LB cochins but they have the best and closest color to lemon blue

Pretty colours but not lemon blue. A photo from the front would have shown more.​

Lemon Blue Rooster.
23666_100_0146.jpg

I was reading somewhere: that when you take a Red/blue and breed it to a Splash you should get 100% lemon blue.

Joanie where did you get your stock from, that is wonderful coloring coming in!!! The exact colors I prefer bright golden plumage on a soft cloudy blue. DREAMY
love.gif

Quote:
But not to be confused with real lemon blues.
roll.png

Krys, would it even make a true brown/red?

Buff is not birchen based is it? I thought it only appeared similar.

So neither Lemon Blue, nor technically Brown Red. Both of which are Birchen birds, one lemon birchen on blue and the other gold birchen on black.

Is that correct?

Hence the weirdness of hobby color names.

Krys, would it even make a true brown/red?

Buff is not birchen based is it?

No, it wouldn't be a brown red.
Buff is usually wheaten based but in cochins they could be eb. What colour is the underfluff when a buff cochin's feathers are parted?​

So no one else has any new photos to share?

So with my Two boys... Should I put the Blue Roo with the Splash girls?? Or Blue Roo on 1 Splash and 1 Blue girl??

Which pullets would be best with the Buff/Red/Blue Boy??

I want to separate into Trios....

Quote:
I don't dare post any more pictures, since my lemon blues are not REALLY lemon blues
roll.png

I'm just waiting for Krys109uk to post a picture of a REAL lemon blue, so the rest of us will be better educated
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom