Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons

No difference, I believe. I don't know why they call them lemon cuckoo when the goal is to have all "double barred". A single barring gene makes them look more like a cuckoo. (marans hen for example)

Quote:
Neither. Lemon Cuckoo and Buff Barred are sort of the same, however Buff Barred may also refer to a true, good, slow feather barring.

But, yours isn't because a true Buff doesn't have black in the tail.

Quote:
same difference between barred an cuckoo.. sex link dominant Slow Featherin gene(K)... the barring gene dilutes pheomelanin to a lemonish color when mahogany is not pressent

Quote:
self buffs dont.... BUT you can have lemon columbian buffs..
tongue.png

Quote:
WRONG...marans have 2 copies of sex linked Barring(hens can only have one) and are cuckoo, what makes a Barred Bird is the Sex linked slow feathering gene K, which by the way is tightly linked to the Silver gene for about 1 CentiMorgan, wich means you will have to hatch about 100 to get one of them K gene cross to the Gold s+ gene... but I have yet to see a Barred bird based on recessive sex linke Gold(s+)

Quote:
WRONG...marans have 2 copies of sex linked Barring(hens can only have one) and are cuckoo, what makes a Barred Bird is the Sex linked slow feathering gene K, which by the way is tightly linked to the Silver gene for about 1 CentiMorgan, wich means you will have to hatch about 100 to get one of them K gene cross to the Gold s+ gene... but I have yet to see a Barred bird based on recessive sex linke Gold(s+)

I am just going by the pics I have seen where people claim they have LCs with double barring, and then pics where they don't claim it. Some appear to have more white (double barring?) like a male barred bird, and some appear dark like a cuckoo marans hen (less white). I'm not sure if I am putting it into the correct wording, though.

Back
Top Bottom