Let's have a gosling hatchalong!

New baby

so cute.

Im putting 22 eggs into an incubator tomorrow morning.

This will be our first attempt at hatching geese.

Thought as we had bought 12 eggs anyway why not fill up the incubator with my brother in laws eggs from his birds.

Eeeekkkk what have we taken on!! talk about jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Have not really a clue what we are doing. We are going to follow petes instructions. Is it standard procedure to only turn the eggs 180o from pointy end to rounded end once a day?

And also do you spray them from day one? and for how many days? and let them cool for 15mins each day?
The breed is embden.

Thanks.
Liza

I have 3 of your dewies with beaks out of the shell waiting to come into this world!!!!!
wee.gif
Thank you for the eggs hun!

I just hatched my 1st two Sebbie eggs from my pair I hatched out last year this morning !!! OMGoodness
yesss.gif

Have 2 pilgrims working on popping out as well as 2 Pomeranians! Go Goosies
woot.gif

Last edited:
A few hours ago, my first gosling of 2013 hatched out healthy and strong.
ya.gif

Congrads J.! and everyone else
celebrate.gif

so cute.

Im putting 22 eggs into an incubator tomorrow morning.

This will be our first attempt at hatching geese.

Thought as we had bought 12 eggs anyway why not fill up the incubator with my brother in laws eggs from his birds.

Eeeekkkk what have we taken on!! talk about jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Have not really a clue what we are doing. We are going to follow petes instructions. Is it standard procedure to only turn the eggs 180o from pointy end to rounded end once a day?
3 times a day, more is ok but make sure it's an odd number
And also do you spray them from day one? Not till day 7 and for how many days? Most geese take 30 days some take more... My Embden take 31/32 days on average. and let them cool for 15mins each day? I personally start with 10 minutes and increase to 20 Stop turning on day 27 or when the aircell starts dipping.
The breed is embden.

Thanks.
Liza,
We got our first hatch of the year about 2pm cdt. Squishy and Fred are parents.
celebrate.gif

little guy is moved into the brooder as he saw the shiny end of the thermostat probe and had to play with it
barnie.gif

I have 3 of your dewies with beaks out of the shell waiting to come into this world!!!!!
wee.gif
Thank you for the eggs hun!

I just hatched my 1st two Sebbie eggs from my pair I hatched out last year this morning !!! OMGoodness
yesss.gif

Have 2 pilgrims working on popping out as well as 2 Pomeranians! Go Goosies
woot.gif

Beautiful!!
love.gif
Go babies go!!!

Congrads J.! and everyone else
celebrate.gif

We got our first hatch of the year about 2pm cdt. Squishy and Fred are parents.
celebrate.gif

little guy is moved into the brooder as he saw the shiny end of the thermostat probe and had to play with it
barnie.gif

Congrats!!!
highfive.gif
He's adorable!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom