Lets see photagraphy

Pics
Local contests can be rough..for anything. Judges can be biased towards children of their friends in competitions.. you were talented young.

Now I'm curious what the judges had to say about those, especially the squirrels and the robin....? I really like those! Especially the cute squirrels. I love all the texture in that, with the soft fur, and the tree bark.
The county competition was great! Very one-on-one and the judge was very insightful and helpful. He gave me a lot of advice and recommendations. The state competition though was a completely different animal. I think one of my judges was a big name in avian photography, but I cannot remember for the life of me.

Robin- Wasn't as sharp as it could be, its a bit dark in the face, and the background is distracting (distracting came up a lot).
2 Squirrels- Wasn't sharp (the bottom squirrel is more in focus then the top one), its all a very similar color/ tone.
I don't think they really found anything "wrong" with the snow squirrel, they just didn't like it as much as the others.
Overall, I think it was luck of the draw. The year I went, the overwhelming majority of pictures chosen for places were those that had human subjects. Not that I care- I was and still am really proud of the pictures.

The county competition was great! Very one-on-one and the judge was very insightful and helpful. He gave me a lot of advice and recommendations. The state competition though was a completely different animal. I think one of my judges was a big name in avian photography, but I cannot remember for the life of me.

Robin- Wasn't as sharp as it could be, its a bit dark in the face, and the background is distracting (distracting came up a lot).
2 Squirrels- Wasn't sharp (the bottom squirrel is more in focus then the top one), its all a very similar color/ tone.
I don't think they really found anything "wrong" with the snow squirrel, they just didn't like it as much as the others.
Overall, I think it was luck of the draw. The year I went, the overwhelming majority of pictures chosen for places were those that had human subjects. Not that I care- I was and still am really proud of the pictures.
They're beautiful photos🤗

Pretty sure I've never shared any of these, they're all older shots.

1. My littlest at Disneyland, many years ago. She only would pose with the "real" characters, and she SPRINTED over to Merida.
soph_merida1.jpg

2. Malay Lacewing (Cethosia Hypsea).
malay_lacewing1.jpg

3. "B roll" Candid from a Wedding I shot.
Ryan_Alisha.jpg

4. This is a lotus Elan, autocrossing. I was working on panning shots that day.
elan.jpg

5. A bridge, and a bus. Nothing more to say.
splitty.jpg

6. Yearning for freedom. Recovering from tonsillectomy
sophie_bw.jpg

1. My littlest at Disneyland, many years ago. She only would pose with the "real" characters, and she SPRINTED over to Merida.
View attachment 3009630

View attachment 3009631

View attachment 3009632

View attachment 3009633

View attachment 3009634

View attachment 3009635
I'm digging the vw van ✌️

View attachment 3009630

View attachment 3009631

View attachment 3009632

View attachment 3009633

View attachment 3009634

View attachment 3009635
Good shots.

Love that sunset! Really pretty colors there! Beautiful roo to. What is he??
Thank you! That was taken on Moosehead Lake Maine earlier this year. The rooster is a EE Rhode Island Blue mix.
Wow. Your photos always inspire me! Great shots! ❤️
Thank you! You have great pictures too!

Back
Top Bottom