Lets talk about goats!

After some research, we ended up getting 2 doelings this past weekend. We got a PB Nubian and a Nubian/Saanan cross. Any thoughts about deworming? I was looking at this product on Hoegger and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts to share?

http://hoeggerfarmyard.com/xcart/Herbal-Wormer.html

Here is a picture of our girls. Not great since they don't like to stand still for pictures!

We've used that for our sheep, and It works very well, though it doesn't do much for severe overloads.

After some research, we ended up getting 2 doelings this past weekend. We got a PB Nubian and a Nubian/Saanan cross. Any thoughts about deworming? I was looking at this product on Hoegger and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts to share?

http://hoeggerfarmyard.com/xcart/Herbal-Wormer.html

Here is a picture of our girls. Not great since they don't like to stand still for pictures!

If you decide to use that, you HAVE to do fecal testing to make sure it's working.
How old are they? You may want to continue a cocci prevention program also.

If you decide to use that, you HAVE to do fecal testing to make sure it's working.
How old are they? You may want to continue a cocci prevention program also.
They are 9 months old. I have a call into my Vet and the breeder so I can get more info on how best to proceed. I have not dewormed my chickens and only plan to if needed. But I do have my horses on a year round Strongid treatment so was a little confused what to do for our goats. There is so much information out there and it can be conflicting.
th.gif

They are 9 months old. I have a call into my Vet and the breeder so I can get more info on how best to proceed. I have not dewormed my chickens and only plan to if needed. But I do have my horses on a year round Strongid treatment so was a little confused what to do for our goats. There is so much information out there and it can be conflicting.
th.gif

If you live in a worm heavy area, then you want to be more proactive with the deworming.
For me.. it's very dry, so I rarely have to worm at all.
You could just routinely just get fecals done to see if you even need to worm or not.

Back
Top Bottom