Lets talk about goats!

Pics
Mine eat all kinds of good stuff. See if they like baby carrots and each kid could give them 1 baby carrot. Mine love Carrots. They also love apples, we have an apple tree and they love to eat them. You could slice apples up and each kid could give them 1 apple wedge. Mine also love raisins but that might be hard not to over do it. You could also just find some leaves they like and let them feed those, my kids are always bringing the goats leaves and they love it.

I would be more inclined to take a small bucket of goat pellets and let each child feed one handful each. I take my secatuers down to the blackberry bushes and get them a bucket of leaves.
Goats only have a single row of teeth so raw fruit isn't chewed sufficiently and is risky in volume.

my dad is talking my mom into getting a pair of Nigerian dwarfs tell me everything i need to know about them like what's a good feed what's a good age to get them can they free range with chickens and what's a good cheap way of building a home for them thanks :)

I would be more inclined to take a small bucket of goat pellets and let each child feed one handful each. I take my secatuers down to the blackberry bushes and get them a bucket of leaves.
Goats only have a single row of teeth so raw fruit isn't chewed sufficiently and is risky in volume.

Wow, I did not know fruit was not good. Mine eat the fallen apples a lot and have never had any problems but I have had few incidents with them choking on pellets trying to inhale them to quickly.

Wow, I did not know fruit was not good. Mine eat the fallen apples a lot and have never had any problems but I have had few incidents with them choking on pellets trying to inhale them to quickly.

Apples are fine if you drop them on the ground and stomp on them.
But feeding too many apples can lead to digestive problems in any stock.
Our neighbour once had a full grown steer choke on an apple and I nearly lost one of my angoras when she swallowed the stem of a cabbage. Raw fruit , if you have the time to cut into nice little pieces is fine. But everything in moderation.

Gee. My goats won't touch anything that's been thrown on the ground and stomped on, and that includes hay.

Hi all
I'm getting my first goats today ,2 baby pygmys can't wait . Any tips on what to do when get home to help them settling etc?

Gee.  My goats won't touch anything that's been thrown on the ground and stomped on, and that includes hay.

:lau. Mine either, maybe we have seriously spoiled goats. Mine will not even eat treats that have fallen to the floor. They do eat the fallen apples though. Goats are so funny and fun at the same time.

Does anybody knw wat is wrong wit her milk bag she had one doe only drinking from one side I weaned her 1 month ago I didn't knw she was still letting her drink she is also breed back due in 2 weeks I checked for mastitis it's not hot I can milk it n the milk looks fine

Back
Top Bottom