Lets talk about goats!

I need to get pics online. Our pygmies are so cute and sweet. still getting used to humans though. Annie is very talkative. Dave is the quiet one. So far we have had to get them close with sweet feed. They are alot of fun, leave lots of nannie berries so where ever they live must be grassy and vast. Have fun with it :)

Thank you for the info on the co-grazing question!
I'm nervous about being a first time goat mom :)
I'm getting 6 ND goats next week. 2 buck that will be 12 weeks old when I get them, and 4 yearling doe about 18 months old. The doe have never kidded or even been bred.
I'm hoping to breed them this fall to kid in spring. I've read and been told that a buck is fertile at 10 weeks. Do you guys think he can get the job done at this young of age? Just because he is able, doesn't necessisarily mean he will do the job does it?

Thank you for the info on the co-grazing question!
I'm nervous about being a first time goat mom :)
I'm getting 6 ND goats next week. 2 buck that will be 12 weeks old when I get them, and 4 yearling doe about 18 months old. The doe have never kidded or even been bred.
I'm hoping to breed them this fall to kid in spring. I've read and been told that a buck is fertile at 10 weeks. Do you guys think he can get the job done at this young of age? Just because he is able, doesn't necessisarily mean he will do the job does it?

By the time you're ready to breed them your bucks should be old enough.

Ok, thanks for the info. I think the buck were born in April making them about 12 weeks now. I'm planning on breeding in October for March babies, if breeding takes. Otherwise we will try again in November for April babies. Since I'm totally new to this, I'm not sure i will recognize the doe's heat. I do know what to look for, but that doesn't mean I will recognize it.

So, a friend of mine who has goats is suddenly moving out of state. Her husband got a job offer and they decided to sell their doe in milk and doeling. I've milked this goat before. She is very pretty and they are both very mellow. We went and visited again yesterday. They seem to be well looked after. The only flag is that her udder is uneven. She came to her that way from the breeder and was sold as pet quality. Will this ever be a problem for us if we decide to buy them?

Back
Top Bottom