Lets talk about goats!

yes keep milking that goat the more the merrier & 2 times a day should help...! but like milk in all animals it can be increased , but also that depends on how long she has been milking & if she just kidded in the last 6 months..? & the nutrition she is getting, so do your best on the nutrition side of things for her... i would look all that up to see whats the best to feed her, & you could increase the amount of milk you get.
frow.gif
have a good one
thumbsup.gif

hi all, im going tomorrow morning to pick up my 1st goat, just a freebie off my local kijiji... hes a 6 month old saaneen/alpine cross. most of what i have read, says not to start with a billy but, he's free so figure he's a good start lol am i biting off more than i can chew? my main goal with him, his to put him in with the horses to clean up the weeds and brush that they dont eat... hoping he will respect the electric like them, nervouse though, as he may have enough space to get between the lines, if he runs at them... if all goes well i may look for a couple does and try breeding them...

how old does a billy need to be, in order to breed?

hi all, im going tomorrow morning to pick up my 1st goat, just a freebie off my local kijiji... hes a 6 month old saaneen/alpine cross. most of what i have read, says not to start with a billy but, he's free so figure he's a good start lol am i biting off more than i can chew? my main goal with him, his to put him in with the horses to clean up the weeds and brush that they dont eat... hoping he will respect the electric like them, nervouse though, as he may have enough space to get between the lines, if he runs at them... if all goes well i may look for a couple does and try breeding them...

how old does a billy need to be, in order to breed?
Well done and good luck, welcome to the link.

I am new to goats. I bought 2 does about 2 months ago. Thier mother is half nubian, half pigmy. Their father is half nubian, half boer. I dont know if they will be good milkers yet but they are adorable. I didnt have time to build them thier own shelter so they have been rooming with the chickens. Good thing we build a big coop. I did however build them thier own stall in there. They love it!

I am new to goats. I bought 2 does about 2 months ago. Thier mother is half nubian, half pigmy. Their father is half nubian, half boer. I dont know if they will be good milkers yet but they are adorable. I didnt have time to build them thier own shelter so they have been rooming with the chickens. Good thing we build a big coop. I did however build them thier own stall in there. They love it!
Enjoy your goats, they have character and they look happy.

Has anyone keep boer goats with dairy goats ?? is it a good idea or not ?

There is no reason I can think of not to keep Boers with dairy goats. The goats don't care. Some people will use a Boer buck on dairy does that for whatever reason they do not want to keep kids out of.

There is no reason I can think of not to keep Boers with dairy goats. The goats don't care. Some people will use a Boer buck on dairy does that for whatever reason they do not want to keep kids out of.
I want to start breeding Boers and dairy but i will only have does my friend has a boer stud and im going to have to find someone for a dairy stud.

Back
Top Bottom