Lets talk about goats!

I'm ordering my goats copper bolus I raise pygmy do I need to order adults n kids r can I just order kids all my goats weight under 50lbs

Sorry I've never used a bolus, I just offer loose mineral in a tub...

I just love baby season!!! All these pics are so cute, and the barn is full of bouncing kids :) I can't imagine how teeny the ND are when born...like a puppy!

We do still have some Nubian kids without deposits...can't keep them all unfortunately! But it's fun while they are around...

I'm ordering my goats copper bolus I raise pygmy do I need to order adults n kids r can I just order kids all my goats weight under 50lbs

Order the adult sizes. Just open the capsule and give a smaller dose. The price per gram is MUCH better when you buy the adult sizes. For example, copper boluses at Santa Cruz Biotechnology are $0.24 per gram for the two gram boli (I am pricing it with the 25 count boli) but for the same number of 4 gram boli, the cost is $0.13 per gram. For an identical product.

I always open up the capsules, I don't give the hole capsules anyway. Heck, if I could get lose Copper (II) oxide wire particles, I'd not bother with the kind in capsules.

Last edited:
I have developed a problem I am not sure how to go about figuring out the answer too.

Since June I have had what I thought was poison ivy from the goats. I have gone through 2 runs of steroids but before they were each over
the rash returned. The hubby is getting very upset seeing me in discomfort like this, not to mention how uncomfortable I am on steroids.

Soooo....it's not poison ivy from the goats. Surely I am not allergic to them? What else do I need to be looking at? The hay is mostly alfalfa.

the rash is on my arms mostly where I handle the goats for milking, last time it was around one eye and today it has started under my chin, I'm just not sure how I am getting it or where. I do know I did not have problems before the goats so it is something that has to do with their care.
Any and all suggestions would be awesome. I will do anything to keep my girls!

Replying to my own post.
I just got back from the doctors office and found out I have wild parsnips growing on my land where the girls are browsing.
Wild parsnip has a chemical that when it gets on you can cause the sun to burn your skin looking like poison ivy or dermatitis. The more sun you get the worse it gets. So far the only help they have found for this is a strong topical steroid. My least favorite word when it comes to medicines. The wild parsnips can be researched on google easily. It looks like Queen Ann's Lace but in fact it is not. Apparently our area is seeing more of it this year. One of the workers at the doctors office just spent a week in the hospital with her eyes swollen shut with them trying to figure out what was going on. http://www.invadingspecies.com/invaders/plants-terrestrial/wild-parsnip/
I hope this information helps someone else. I've been dealing with it since June and it is miserable. I am glad to know what it is so we can get rid of it and I get to keep my girls which is what worried me most.

just wanted to share pictures of my goats, all are whethers, except the little white one in front, my Wheezy Jefferson, I like to save the dairy boys from being invited to Easter Dinner, everyone has such adorable goats, all goats are adorable

just wanted to share pictures of my goats, all are whethers, except the little white one in front, my Wheezy Jefferson, I like to save the dairy boys from being invited to Easter Dinner, everyone has such adorable goats, all goats are adorable[/QUOTE]

We have nine goats. I wish i had a decent camera to post some pictures. We have 3 Pygmies, 4 Nigerians and 2 Boar Nubian crosses. One Nigerian is a billy and we have a Pygmy billy.

I want to get some pure bred Boar goats. One billy and several nannies. I just love that Boar face.

Your goats look good...healthy.

Here's our Nigerian Dwarfs! All wethers, they're 3 and 4 months old and we've had them for about a month now.
P.S. our dog adores them and is pretty sure that she's a goat now too. LOL.

Here's our Nigerian Dwarfs! All wethers, they're 3 and 4 months old and we've had them for about a month now.
P.S. our dog adores them and is pretty sure that she's a goat now too. LOL.

They are so cute! Our dog was our first kid's mother. Although she gave that up when she realized how much more attention he got then her...

Nice trouble making bunch

So true...

Back
Top Bottom