Lets talk about goats!

We do! We have 6 Nigerian dwarves- two nannys, two 6 month doelings and two 6 month weathers. I also have a little 6 month old Nigerian/boer cross weather, but he's more like a dog than a goat :lau

I want some larger breed goats as well- probably lamanchas, so I'm consider enlarging the pen again...:rolleyes:
Aren't you concerned about the big ones picking on the littles?
Ps, whether is spelled a bit different than weather. Just fyi.

20170930_121904.jpg
Hey guys I need some advice. Shes got a crusty nose and she's still shaking like shes scared. I'm guessing she is probably just still nervous but want to make theres nothing obvious I'm missing. Im giving her vitamin b shot and I wormed her. I have to figure out her feet. She's outside now after always being in a stall and shes stumbling a bit today. Her mother was anemic I guess so I'm not sure if I need to worry with her. Still have to look it up.
20170930_121901.jpg

View attachment 1148860 Hey guys I need some advice. Shes got a crusty nose and she's still shaking like shes scared. I'm guessing she is probably just still nervous but want to make theres nothing obvious I'm missing. Im giving her vitamin b shot and I wormed her. I have to figure out her feet. She's outside now after always being in a stall and shes stumbling a bit today. Her mother was anemic I guess so I'm not sure if I need to worry with her. Still have to look it up. View attachment 1148858
OMG, those hooves.... Poor girl!

Well, the stumbling around is probably from her hooves, those need to be trimmed asap.

Did you run a fecal to see what the count was and what type of worms you're dealing with?

How old is she?

Pretty girl.

I have no idea how old unfortunately. I posted about her a page or two back but she's basically a rescue. The hooves are a daunting task for someone who has only had goats for nine months.. going to get some better pics of them for advice from @Fields Mountain Farm or anyone. Im really nervous about it. I know her life will be better when its under control. I wormed her because when I asked when she had it done last I got a vacant stare.

Poor goat! Her bite looks bad and her feet are way overgrown. You have to just keep trimming them until you get them in reasonable shape. Wish i could show you. I bought one once at auction to rescue her, she could not even walk on her feet. She crawled around on her knees. I did eventually fix her up and she became quite friendly. Feed her lots of hay and as much greens as possible. Acorns too if she will eat them. Sometimes you have to peel a few until they figure out how they taste.
Keep us posted on how she does.

View attachment 1148860 Hey guys I need some advice. Shes got a crusty nose and she's still shaking like shes scared. I'm guessing she is probably just still nervous but want to make theres nothing obvious I'm missing. Im giving her vitamin b shot and I wormed her. I have to figure out her feet. She's outside now after always being in a stall and shes stumbling a bit today. Her mother was anemic I guess so I'm not sure if I need to worry with her. Still have to look it up. View attachment 1148858
Poor thing. She defiantly wasn't well cared for. Sorry I can't offer any advice as I am newer at this than you. I am glad she's with you now and will get the care she needs.

Back
Top Bottom