Lets talk about goats!

We added a new doeling this last weekend, love her so much we're buying her half sister this upcoming weekend :lau

First picture is of the sister we haven't purchased yet :D

Attachments

• IMG_7260.JPG
    IMG_7260.JPG
    347.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7270.JPG
    IMG_7270.JPG
    885.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7289.JPG
    IMG_7289.JPG
    524.9 KB · Views: 4
How much room do you think two minis would need? Room in both the shelter and the pen. And of course if I decide to have a pasture or tether them or whatever

I want two pet goats....:th....Can I house them in a dog house and Dog run when confined?...:confused: Pigmy I want..What about shots and wormer?..Feed etc....
It will depend on the size of the run and how long they will be confined. If they are only confined at night you could get away with less space but if they only get out for short periods of time you'll want more space.

Here's a good rundown on vaccinations and worming. https://fiascofarm.com/goats/vac-schedule.htm Worming will also depend on your area. I don't have to worry about worming as much because of my dry climate.

Feed will depend on what you get. If you have a couple of wethers or a dry doe you can just feed some good grass hay. For my doe in milk I give alfalfa hay, dairy goat feed, and BOSS. For all goats you'll want to also provide baking soda and goat mineral free choice.

Last edited:
It will depend on the size of the run and how long they will be confined. If they are only confined at night you could get away with less space but if they only get out for short periods of time you'll want more space.

Here's a good rundown on vaccinations and worming. https://fiascofarm.com/goats/vac-schedule.htm Worming will also depend on your area. I don't have to worry about worming as much because of my dry climate.

Feed will depend on what you get. If you have a couple of wethers or a dry doe you can just feed some good grass hay. For my doe in milk I give alfalfa hay, dairy goat feed, and BOSS. For all goats you'll want to also provide baking powder and goat mineral free choice.

The pen is 10x10 and would be added to a good sized uncovered horse pen...At night secure in the 10x10 dog run because of Coyotes...I would run leads off the goats to eat daily off grass ...Sound good ?...I have horses so access to great hay....I'm interested but yet not sure?

Back
Top Bottom