Let's talk "relocation"

Dandelion was intentionally brought to the US as an herb. Now it's main use is to sell millions of dollars worth of noxious herbicides.

Not in my backyard, but if I were in south Florida, I'd be a bit freaked out by the pythons and nile monitors that are now established there. Imagine adding them to your list of predators to be watchful of ?

Ack no! Lol I'll take my coons, you keep your sheep eating snakes :p

Perfect example though... How many people you suppose vflyshed pet snakes down the toilet to cause THAT problem?

Dandelions... Another good example... But nowxat least we've discovered that dandelion can be good for you, here make millions more off selling a weed ;)

Last edited:
By state I mean government that represents the majority of people in a given area and see to the long-term interests of the human population as a whole. No individual has the final say when relocation's can cause invasive or pest management issues for others. That I take serious and not a LOL matter.

Well that's why i was asking which STATE you were from; the different laws regarding each STATE, not a functioning governmental agency, but the actual STATE laws..

That goes without saying, just because something is legal, doesn't mean it's ethical.

TGAT right there is what I'm looking for, LEGAL vs ETHICAL. Not all "states" are too bright when it comes to keeping their noses clean and taking care of their own people, and not causing neighboring states the hassle of THEIR mismanagement.

An awful lot like MY neighbors lol ;)

Last edited:
this is a trolling effort

Possibly, but it sounds pretty interesting, and so far calmly discussed.

I don't think it's common knowledge that you can't just pick up a turtle from your back yard and let it go in a pond a mile or two away. That's what we always did when we were little. Seems reasonable that people would believe in "relocation", without realizing the effects it could have on the big picture.

http://www.ontario.ca/environment-a...or-kill-wild-animal-damaging-private-property

here in Ontario we are only allowed to move a problem animal 1km from the capture site... there is no point in relocating a problem animal...

S.S.S.....

I've noticed that in some other states... I think it was CA, have to relocate ON THE SPOT? That's why I thought we needed this thread. .there are so many differing laws and reasons for them, it gets hairy trying to have a civil conversation and nobody understands that we don't LIVE in the same areas, and have differing animal populations to consider...

Ours for coons is 2 miles. Coon would beat me home lol, why bother? ;)

Oh hey yeah, duh 2 miles IS a km...yes, I'm blonde :p

Last edited:
Possibly, but it sounds pretty interesting, and so far calmly discussed. 

I don't think it's common knowledge that you can't just pick up a turtle from your back yard and let it go in a pond a mile or two away.  That's what we always did when we were little.  Seems reasonable that people would believe in "relocation", without realizing the effects it could have on the big picture.

EXACTLY. I used to get water dragons and then I would let them go in the canyons.. WATER DRAGONS. From CHINA. In the Chimney Canyon.. Oh my I DID just admit that.... Don't burn me, i DO know what I did was wrong lol.....NOW. Does everybody else know? ;)

Last edited:
Oh hey yeah, duh 2 miles IS a km...yes, I'm blonde

Actually ... 2 miles is about 3 km ...

In California, according to the California Dept of Fish & Game, Section 465, (G) (1), the law states that animals trapped must be released on site or killed.

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=45902

(1) Immediate Dispatch or Release. All furbearing and nongame mammals that are legal to trap must be immediately killed or released. Unless released, trapped animals shall be killed by shooting where local ordinances, landowners, and safety permit. This regulation does not prohibit employees of federal, state, or local government from using chemical euthanasia to dispatch trapped animals.

Back
Top Bottom