Letting Guineas Raise Their Young

I'll have to see if I can take pictures of the adults, and compare them. I really haven't taken the time to try and figure out what colors they are.

I took pictures of some of my adults, hatched last September. I am still not sure of the colors. I do think the females are the darker colors, and I don't see spotting on any of them, male or female. Blonde, Buff, I don't know.

I think that's called tie dye
lau.gif
Whatever its really called, its pretty unique looking! I wonder what color mix the babies will have.

I took pictures of some of my adults, hatched last September. I am still not sure of the colors. I do think the females are the darker colors, and I don't see spotting on any of them, male or female. Blonde, Buff, I don't know.

I have no clue what the first two are but the third does appear to be what is considered partially pearled (dotted) and looks like a chocolate to me. The last one could be a pewter.

Nice looking guineas.

Thank you, right now they are crazy guineas, for some reason they are fighting and chasing each other like crazy. I do think I have many more males than females, maybe that has something to do with it.
roll.png

They're really pretty!! Mine are also a bit crazy right now, especially the parents, they chase everything in sight just in case it's a threat to the babies :D

They can get noisy, my son is always threatening something. During the spring they were chasing pretty bad, they will even corner one of the birds and pluck feathers out of their backs. If I catch them I run them off, but I don't always know it's going on. Recently it was just a couple of days of chasing, one chasing the other, just zipping by.

Back
Top Bottom