Letting your inner cheap out

Quote:
omg, me too
Some of my best memeries of helping my mother in law put clothes out or take them in.
And some wonderful heart to heart talks.
I have the best MIL in the world!
love.gif

Quote:
I lived in an apartment in Michigan like that , we came home from the beach and hung my towel on the back railing (facing the woods nobody could see.
I got a letter under my door telling me to remove the offending towel.
So I did ,
And I hung out all my bras and underwear. I wear a DD. They never said a word.
gig.gif
lau.gif

d.k :

* I made Chook's waterers out of empty vinegar bottles, have bought almost all my clothes at thrift stores for years (undergarments and v-neck tees and a few other exceptions.) Best deal ever?? A perfect pair of prescription eyeglasses that let me see like a hawk!!! $2.oo at a flea market after trying every 'close' pair twice. I had them for a decade. OH!! And we've bought FOUR of our cars for $1.oo (plus tax and tags and reg.) ed:clarity

you must eleborate on the waterers from vinegar bottles. I am an avid pickler and have chicks coming out my ears, I have an empty vinegar jar and 27 chicks in the brooder will need another waterer soon for Cornish X rock chicks.​

ewesheep I save TP rolls as well but I use them for plant starter pots just cut them in half, fill with dirt, put in a plant flat (which you can get free from some plant places or Wally world) plant my seeds water and watch them grow. Work wonderful and you can put the whole thing in the ground or you can peal it and plant without disturbing the roots.

Not only has this group decided that they don't want it in thier back yard - (aka- NIMBY), but they also don't want it in any backyard.

Please Read just how nuts some people have gotten and drunk with a little power.

By ELISABETH ROSENTHAL
Published: April 17, 2008
AURORA, Ontario — Rob and Laurie Cook are not prone to breaking the law, but these days they have been given to a regular act of civil disobedience: hanging their laundry to dry out in the backyard. The deed to their home — like most in this upscale suburb — prohibits outdoor clotheslines as eyesores.

The New York Times
Aurora is an upscale town where laundry is rarely public.
“I thought people passing by couldn’t see it, and the developers wouldn’t see it, so it didn’t bother my conscience too much,” said Mr. Cook, a retired businessman and former officer in the Canadian Air Force who is part of a citizens group trying to get the clothesline ban overturned, arguing that line drying is better for the environment.

“Using a dryer may have made sense 30 years ago when energy was cheap and we weren’t aware of global warming,” he said. “It doesn’t any more.”

Back
Top Bottom