Letting your inner cheap out

Quote:
Hey I also did that - I went so far as making my own - all the way down to waterproofing and such! Was fun!

Hey Wildsky, you sound like a real Martha Stewart groupie !!! She'd be so proud of you!

gig.gif
No she'd be HORRIFIED
gig.gif

Quote:
Ditto on the quitting work, but after I quit I was offered the chance to work from home - so thats what I do, I work with shorts and slippers on most days - and no need to pay for gas or childcare or fancy clothing.

gig.gif
at the towels and sheets etc... too funny, sheesh if I had to wash a load of sheets and towels everyday - I'd just go CRAZY!!

I would LOVE to have a clothes line! My mom always used to dry our sheets on the line during the summer and I can still remember how wonderful they smelled. I'd put one up, but I live in a rather... fussy sort of area. I am afraid that he neighbors are going to be unhappy enough about the chickens, so no clothes line for now!

I have a cloted line that I bought at home depot. It is not a long straight one It is sorda round. You dig 1 hole for the pole that is in the middle of it and pop it out . It holds 2 loads of laundry at a time but only takes up about 6 foot square part of your land. And it will pop right back down when not in use. That might work with even picky neighbors.

When I moved to CO from Australia about 5 years ago, I could not believe that some neighborhoods BANNED clothes lines..
roll.png

All that sun and not a line in sight.

Ahhh...the sight of a neat row of Hills Hoists (.....as I lapse into dreamtime thoughts of the homeland...)
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Do you also get free pens? Paper? Chairs? Desks? Computers? Windows?

Being frugal is one thing...stealing is another

To clarify, I don't horde and take stuff home, I just always used to keep advil, tums, tylenol, etc in my toolbox at work.. for what? $5 or $6 a bottle and end up throwing half of it away. So, now I just take the generic stuff they have at work. It is there for us to use. If noone uses it it will just get thrown out when it expires.

we have a HUGE laundry line. it's just over 50 feet long! i will try to get a picture of the middle pole my hubby built out of pvc. (no painting, wont rot! super strong) it's a great way to build one if you need to save money and time.

will take photo tomorrow...hanging laundry!

Back
Top Bottom