LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Hello, I’m @TesoroSena, I’ve seen most of you guys around and have kinda been lurking around this thread. I always thought I was straight, because my parents are strict Christians and are not mean about it but are kinda homophobic. Anyway, I’ve never really looked at girls in an attractive manner, and I have only ever looked at guys before, but now I’m crushing rlly hard on this girl. But I still kinda like this guy I know. Not as much, but still. Does that mean I’m BI or lesbian, or is it just like a fluke and I’m just randomly attracted to this one girl? If this sounds weird just ignore me lol but I was hoping someone on this thread might know??….

You've got plenty of time to figure out your sexuality, don't be so quick to label yourself. Labels don't define us. You don't have to decide right now that "oh, I'm bi", "oh, I'm straight", or anything else. Just continue being a happy human being first, all the rest will follow. Go with the flow, and pursue whoever and whatever you like, you've got plenty of time to label yourself later

Not necessarily. I had a few hens that were bad about doing so. Couldn't find a reason apart from them just being dumb and trying to make themselves comfortable without realizing they were getting rid of eggs. Those eggs usually ended up hatching if they weren't damaged too badly or too cold before I found them.
I’ve had experiences in both, I had a hen who would sit on as many eggs as possible, wait for them to all pip or zip, choose only three, and then kick the rest out! But I had a hen and a turkey that would kick out specific eggs, and we found out that the only ones they kicked out were unfertile and frozen.

I’ve had experiences in both, I had a hen who would sit on as many eggs as possible, wait for them to all pip or zip, choose only three, and then kick the rest out! But I had a hen and a turkey that would kick out specific eggs, and we found out that the only ones they kicked out were unfertile and frozen.
Yeah. I candle most of my nests rather frequently (apart from one's I don't find or ones I know will panic and stop brooding if I mess so much) so I'm already on top of taking eggs that won't hatch generally

Not necessarily. I had a few hens that were bad about doing so. Couldn't find a reason apart from them just being dumb and trying to make themselves comfortable without realizing they were getting rid of eggs. Those eggs usually ended up hatching if they weren't damaged too badly or too cold before I found them.

Yup. Some females don't have the experience, or are not intuitive enough to be able to kick eggs out of the nest because they truly are infertile, or have stopped developing

Yup. Some females don't have the experience, or are not intuitive enough to be able to kick eggs out of the nest because they truly are infertile, or have stopped developing
Some just don't care either. I have a few phoenix hens who would sit for over a week on dud eggs after hatch because they could still keep their other chicks warm and fed with where I had their feed.

Yeah. I candle most of my nests rather frequently (apart from one's I don't find or ones I know will panic and stop brooding if I mess so much) so I'm already on top of taking eggs that won't hatch generally
We candle ours too, but we don’t like to mess with broody hens too much. Once we found out why they kicked them out we let her do her thing. We do rescue any eggs the other hen kicks out, but she gets aggressive and it’s super hard to break her.

We candle ours too, but we don’t like to mess with broody hens too much. Once we found out why they kicked them out we let her do her thing. We do rescue any eggs the other hen kicks out, but she gets aggressive and it’s super hard to break her.
I actually don't know if I have any spook hens left. I think the last one I knew not to even look at was my Japanese (who I would just give chicks to instead because she would eagerly take any babies of any age whenever we gave them to her), and she's been gone for a couple years now

I have no clue what you mean but that that sounds neat
I had a good, super vivid dream that I want to start writing into a full story, even though i cant realistically expand more. I woke up feeling the cool mist from running over clouds and swimming in a cave pool with a stranger for once, and not drenched in a panicked sweat from a nightmare like I usually do

I had a good, super vivid dream that I want to start writing into a full story, even though i cant realistically expand more. I woke up feeling the cool mist from running over clouds and swimming in a cave pool with a stranger for once, and not drenched in a panicked sweat from a nightmare like I usually do
That’s cool! I’m in the middle of doing that. The noght my grandmother died I had a dream she was a goddess and I was chosen with my sister to awaken her to save us from a war, but we accidentally awoke her sister, a demon, and she had to save us from her and the war. I normally don’t pay much attention to my dreams, but since my grandma died that night and the Goddess was her younger self’s spitting image I have to.

I can’t believe how much trouble they had in starting this thread. I’m being raised by parents who don’t believe in being lgbtq, to the point where I can’t watch a lot of new shows because me parents are afraid of me becoming gay (welp that didn’t really work how they planned) but I don’t see how it matters. My parents say that God made it to where girl and girl/boy and boy can’t reproduce so they should not be together. But God also gave us the ability to choose and feel and love whomever. If he disapproves of lgbtq then why didn’t he make it to where we couldn’t be attracted to each other? Why do we have the choice?

Not bringing up the old arguments I just wanted to voice my opinion and see if anyone agreed.
It's not a choice, no one can choose which gender they are attracted to- but I know what you mean

I grew up with very similar parents, they taught me the same things due to being Christian. Thing is, reproduction is not a given when it comes to love. If God wanted love to be all about the ability to have kids, then everyone would be able to, and not everyone can (or wants to). All this teaching does is diminish love down to having kids. Which is incredibly sad because there is so much more to love, and so much more to marriage. Besides, gay couples can have kids this day and age, there are options

The fact of the matter is that this homophobic teaching doesn't originate with the Bible. The word homosexual wasn't even in the original texts. Rather, the verses which speak of "gay acts" are referring to a specific pagan practice of that specific time and surrounding culture. Unfortunately a lot of Christians who hate the lgbt+ community have adopted teachings which twist these verses, to shun them. And many well meaning individuals inside the church have then accepted these teachings, like my parents did, and like yours seemed to do

From what you're saying, it sounds like you could be bisexual or pansexual, perhaps even abro, like me (which is where your preference changes over time, usually going full circle lol)
But regardless, don't feel the pressure to label yourself until that label fits comfortably.
you're welcome to hang out in our little corner of the forum :)

Back
Top Bottom