LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

I have no clue what you mean but that that sounds neat
I had a good, super vivid dream that I want to start writing into a full story, even though i cant realistically expand more. I woke up feeling the cool mist from running over clouds and swimming in a cave pool with a stranger for once, and not drenched in a panicked sweat from a nightmare like I usually do

I had a good, super vivid dream that I want to start writing into a full story, even though i cant realistically expand more. I woke up feeling the cool mist from running over clouds and swimming in a cave pool with a stranger for once, and not drenched in a panicked sweat from a nightmare like I usually do
That’s cool! I’m in the middle of doing that. The noght my grandmother died I had a dream she was a goddess and I was chosen with my sister to awaken her to save us from a war, but we accidentally awoke her sister, a demon, and she had to save us from her and the war. I normally don’t pay much attention to my dreams, but since my grandma died that night and the Goddess was her younger self’s spitting image I have to.

I can’t believe how much trouble they had in starting this thread. I’m being raised by parents who don’t believe in being lgbtq, to the point where I can’t watch a lot of new shows because me parents are afraid of me becoming gay (welp that didn’t really work how they planned) but I don’t see how it matters. My parents say that God made it to where girl and girl/boy and boy can’t reproduce so they should not be together. But God also gave us the ability to choose and feel and love whomever. If he disapproves of lgbtq then why didn’t he make it to where we couldn’t be attracted to each other? Why do we have the choice?

Not bringing up the old arguments I just wanted to voice my opinion and see if anyone agreed.
It's not a choice, no one can choose which gender they are attracted to- but I know what you mean

I grew up with very similar parents, they taught me the same things due to being Christian. Thing is, reproduction is not a given when it comes to love. If God wanted love to be all about the ability to have kids, then everyone would be able to, and not everyone can (or wants to). All this teaching does is diminish love down to having kids. Which is incredibly sad because there is so much more to love, and so much more to marriage. Besides, gay couples can have kids this day and age, there are options

The fact of the matter is that this homophobic teaching doesn't originate with the Bible. The word homosexual wasn't even in the original texts. Rather, the verses which speak of "gay acts" are referring to a specific pagan practice of that specific time and surrounding culture. Unfortunately a lot of Christians who hate the lgbt+ community have adopted teachings which twist these verses, to shun them. And many well meaning individuals inside the church have then accepted these teachings, like my parents did, and like yours seemed to do

From what you're saying, it sounds like you could be bisexual or pansexual, perhaps even abro, like me (which is where your preference changes over time, usually going full circle lol)
But regardless, don't feel the pressure to label yourself until that label fits comfortably.
you're welcome to hang out in our little corner of the forum :)

It's not a choice, no one can choose which gender they are attracted to- but I know what you mean

I grew up with very similar parents, they taught me the same things due to being Christian. Thing is, reproduction is not a given when it comes to love. If God wanted love to be all about the ability to have kids, then everyone would be able to, and not everyone can (or wants to). All this teaching does is diminish love down to having kids. Which is incredibly sad because there is so much more to love, and so much more to marriage. Besides, gay couples can have kids this day and age, there are options

The fact of the matter is that this homophobic teaching doesn't originate with the Bible. The word homosexual wasn't even in the original texts. Rather, the verses which speak of "gay acts" are referring to a specific pagan practice of that specific time and surrounding culture. Unfortunately a lot of Christians who hate the lgbt+ community have adopted teachings which twist these verses, to shun them. And many well meaning individuals inside the church have then accepted these teachings, like my parents did, and like yours seemed to do

From what you're saying, it sounds like you could be bisexual or pansexual, perhaps even abro, like me (which is where your preference changes over time, usually going full circle lol)
But regardless, don't feel the pressure to label yourself until that label fits comfortably.
you're welcome to hang out in our little corner of the forum :)
Thank you, that makes a lot of sense.

That’s cool! I’m in the middle of doing that. The noght my grandmother died I had a dream she was a goddess and I was chosen with my sister to awaken her to save us from a war, but we accidentally awoke her sister, a demon, and she had to save us from her and the war. I normally don’t pay much attention to my dreams, but since my grandma died that night and the Goddess was her younger self’s spitting image I have to.
I'm sorry about your grandmother :hugs
That would make quite the remarkable story!

I, like many others, have been hesitant to post anything here. I see this thread pop up every now and then, and after finally reading through it a bit, seeing all the kind messages, and especially seeing so many familiar faces, I decided to go ahead and do it.

Hi, my name’s Kathi. I’ve identified as pan / ace for a couple years now, but I’m starting to question the ‘pan’ part of it. Anyway, I own 13 ducks at the moment, but will be rehoming 2 of them soon (too many boys!). I will likely be getting 2 geese in the coming months as well. I’ve also starting planning a new coop design and purchased some of the materials for it today. Very excited for it all!

I, like many others, have been hesitant to post anything here. I see this thread pop up every now and then, and after finally reading through it a bit, seeing all the kind messages, and especially seeing so many familiar faces, I decided to go ahead and do it.

Hi, my name’s Kathi. I’ve identified as pan / ace for a couple years now, but I’m starting to question the ‘pan’ part of it. Anyway, I own 13 ducks at the moment, but will be rehoming 2 of them soon (too many boys!). I will likely be getting 2 geese in the coming months as well. I’ve also starting planning a new coop design and purchased some of the materials for it today. Very excited for it all!

Welcome to the thread Kathi:hugs !

We have a lot of duck peeps here, so feel free to post pictures of your beautiful ducks and your glorious pond anytime🤣!

Back
Top Bottom