LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

View attachment 38091155 transplanted plants. That's not their permanent place, I just needed to hide them before people came home
As long as they are not in there long (way too much dirt) and get into real direct sunlight soon, they want 6+ hours of direct sunlight and won't do as well inside. They are full sun garden plants. The longer they live in shade the more they will stretch for sun and also become more susceptible to getting burnt when you put them into real direct sun.

Just some warnings so your acclimation process is as painless as possible.

View attachment 38091155 transplanted plants. That's not their permanent place, I just needed to hide them before people came home

The depth of these buckets has me slightly worried. Be very careful when watering, the soil should be very dry. I'd also recommend bottom watering with this

As long as they are not in there long (way too much dirt) and get into real direct sunlight soon, they want 6+ hours of direct sunlight and won't do as well inside. They are full sun garden plants. The longer they live in shade the more they will stretch for sun and also become more susceptible to getting burnt when you put them into real direct sun.

Just some warnings so your acclimation process is as painless as possible.
Those buckets are half-⅔ gravel, not full dirt. This is how I housed my cactus a few years ago. Inside unfortunately is the only option for them. It's too cold now, and summer is only a couple months before it start plummeting

Those buckets are half-⅔ gravel, not full dirt. This is how I housed my cactus a few years ago. Inside unfortunately is the only option for them. It's too cold now, and summer is only a couple months before it start plummeting
Okay, I have 4 Terra cotta pots that should be here by Sunday coming now. Hopefully they're deep enough. That giant one and the sage blue one in the 4 pack pic had roots that went deeper than half way into the bucket.they also were having the plastic from their nursery pots bite into their leaves because they had no more room. Might have to order more pots since I don't know how big the bucket openings are though and my 2 in 1 might have to be seperated into individuals when I replant.

20240422_171236.jpg
^Most of what I got at the greenhouse I work at yesterday

vWhat came in the mail minus the purple bucket
20240422_173259.jpg

When waiting for them to perk up, should I water normally or a bit more frequently? They're in the sunniest window right now to get light

View attachment 3809331^Most of what I got at the greenhouse I work at yesterday

vWhat came in the mail minus the purple bucket View attachment 3809332
When waiting for them to perk up, should I water normally or a bit more frequently? They're in the sunniest window right now to get light

They don't look too bad! I would not water more frequently, just water them right now and see how they perk up. The haworthia looks to be partially buried, so try to dig her up a bit

They don't look too bad! I would not water more frequently, just water them right now and see how they perk up. The haworthia looks to be partially buried, so try to dig her up a bit
Okay. They got a drink yesterday when I unwrapped them. I'll brush more dirt off her when I get home tonight. I have a few that got dirt in them when I was planting so it will be grooming day I guess when I get home. A toothbrush would work to get dirt out of leaf crevices gently, right?

Okay. They got a drink yesterday when I unwrapped them. I'll brush more dirt off her when I get home tonight. I have a few that got dirt in them when I was planting so it will be grooming day I guess when I get home. A toothbrush would work to get dirt out of leaf crevices gently, right?
Or a soft artists' paintbrush.

Back
Top Bottom