lice!!!

All those little boogers need to do is to touch the VCO and that part of their body will start melting away. If you spray again work from the far outside in a circular motion around the vent so the majority left have no escape.

Hope this helps
smile.png

You did a great job. It's a terrible horrible icky thing to have to tackle, but you did
wink.png

Oh, thank you sooo much for your response! That is such a good idea! I do plan to spray with VCO again. After I ran out of oil, I noticed some chicken beards that looked suspicious. How soon again should I spray them? I'm wondering how many times I'll need to do it.

So i think flock has gotten lice, but I'm not sure if that's what they have. The bugs look like clearish white egg looking things that move real fast. There under the wings and around the vent, and around the neck. Does anyone have any pictures so I can verify before I go to TSC this morning to get medicine.

So i think flock has gotten lice, but I'm not sure if that's what they have. The bugs look like clearish white egg looking things that move real fast. There under the wings and around the vent, and around the neck. Does anyone have any pictures so I can verify before I go to TSC this morning to get medicine.
I don't have any photos, but I just googled it and there are tons of photos that may help you.

Sevin dust will kill them. Dust all your birds, inside the coop, nests and roosts. Redust your birds again in 7-10 days.

They still do. I just dusted my birds and pens this weekend and saw the liquid Sevin as a 22% formula, where as the dust has been cut back to only 5% now (used to be 10%)
It still works great, is dirt cheap, easy to get, and pretty much harmless.
I see people who recommend all sorts of stuff for mites and lice, but Sevin has been doing it just fine for many decades now, that's all I use.
Ivermectin is great too, but is some kind of expensive, and it's not going to do a bit of good for the ones on the ground, in the bedding or on the house/coops.

That's why I use Sevin, cheap, easy to find, easy to use.
Can you still eat the eggs during treatment using Sevin?

Really folks, if you have a small flock and get lice this is the quickest, easiest and healthiest way to kill off those buggers.

If you don't want to use the tiniest bit of tea tree oil on your birds don't use it. I think that's really just an added bug repelling smell measure and not at all necessary to kill the bugs and eggs.

VCO destroys the eggs and bugs by disintegrating their exoskeletons. Like the water on the Witchthc in The Wizard of Oz.
big_smile.png
What is VCO?

Back
Top Bottom