Life on the farm - Updates from Bethel

Having lived in the South all my life, I can't believe what I awoke to today. We only moved 45 miles outside of Baton Rouge, LA, just across state line to Woodville, MS but when I woke up and saw this scene this morning, I had to stop and think about where I was. It was simply beautiful.

houseinsnow.jpg

parterreinsnow.jpg

courtyardinsnow.jpg

barninsnow.jpg

Ruth, your "new" home is gorgeous! It looks especially good with the "frosting"! We used to live in Baton Rouge, and went through Woodville several times going to Natchez. It's a charming town. I've experienced the kitty disappearance problem a couple of times on moves. Usually it was the place we were moving from and both times the culprit, Cricket, the insane cat, showed up at the last minute. Once when we were pulling out of the driveway! When we came here to our present home, we kept them inside for several days thinking they would be more acclimated before we let them explore. Well, Cricket disappeared into the woods for 4 days before she showed up again. So, there is hope. Good luck!

Awesome home..garden..coop! Looks like room for more chickens!! Enjoy. Thanks for the tour!

How Lovely!

Will you and Hubby maintain it all by yourselves or do you have help? It looks huge!
How bedrooms etc...? I wish I could come take a tour!

Hi All - thanks for the many compliments on our "new" house. It, and the grounds, need a LOT of work. No one has actually lived here in many years. Has been owned by people who only used it as a second home or for an occasional weekend. There's 100 years of rot and sag and overgrowth that needs to be tended to. And, yes, we (mostly me) will do it all ourselves. I rise early and chop/trim hedges and work outside till dark then come in and start on refinishing floors and cleaning years of bugs and dirt. It will be a lifetime labor of love to restore. Looks really great in pictures though.

Speaking of pics - here's the girls' first snow. At first they stopped to eat it but then ran around in it like it was nothing.

Girlsfirstsnow.jpg

Girlsfirstsnow2.jpg

Of course, it's Rex's first snow too.

RexHens-1stsnow.jpg

And here's a picture a city girl from New Orleans doesn't often take (her black chicken in a courtyard covered in white snow):

Blackchick-whitesnow.jpg

Back
Top Bottom