Life on the farm - Updates from Bethel

Quote:
House was built in 1908. Here's a pic of family cemetary. t's just outside in side yard.

cemetary.jpg

Original couple's graves:

billmaudmorrisgrave.jpg

And while I'm posting updates - here's the two most interesting rooms in the home. The all brick kitchen and the imported curly pine beaded-board custom designed original dining room (we use it as a den since there's another room being used as a dining room). This part of the home was added shortly after the original home.

den1.jpg

den2.jpg

kitchen2.jpg

kitchen1.jpg

The final add-on was the screened wrap around porch that was later glassed in. This is where we "live" because it's like being outside.

porch1.jpg

porch2.jpg

porch3.jpg

Last edited:
wow! I would give anything to live in a place like that and fix it up!!! You are doing such a wonderful thing to fix it up and use it for such a good purpose!!! Kudos to you and God bless!!!

Quote:
Maud Morris (1885-1973) and Willliam Morris (1868 - 1931). It all the Morris family cemetary. There are 4 one or two day old infants also buried there.

Here's the grave of Green Morris who the locals say steals or hides things from visitors and haunts the place. Beats me why he gets blamed when there's more than a dozen people buried out there.

greenmorrisgrave.jpg

Green must be a curmudgeonly man who is still set in his ways. Poor ol' guy probably wonders why people keep putting things where they don't belong. "Dagnabit all! Shoes belong over here, not over there. And, who in tarnation are all these people and what are they doing in MY house anyway?"

I think I'd like to meet him!

I just looooooove old houses and antiques. I honestly beleive they have sooooo much to share. Just like antique people do.

As far as 'spooks', I just feel like it's their home, and we're invading it (as far as they're concerned). Just let them have their space, and their fun, when they're ready, or they've finished their work, they'll move on. It would almost be a privilege for them to reveal themselves to you.

Please keep us posted about your wonderful home!!

edited for punctuation........

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom