Little Fairy Egg

Angela Thomson

Songster
6 Years
Aug 6, 2017
Southern Indiana
I got a little fairy egg yesterday! Anyone get these? Pretty sure one of my little five month olds laid it.
76CA657F-DAAC-4292-8C2A-2EDA88B2922A.jpeg

Attachments

• 33E2909B-1E8A-4799-B699-1177750B3608.jpeg
    33E2909B-1E8A-4799-B699-1177750B3608.jpeg
    519.8 KB · Views: 1
Do you have older birds too?
More likely from one of them, coming back into lay after molt/winter break.
What's inside?

Fairy, fart, wind, rooster eggs are usually from a tiny piece of tissue breaking loose from the reproductive tract, or an immature ova(yolk) and the body forms an egg around it. Color can be darker than 'normal' as the pigment coating released has to cover a much smaller area so is thicker. Can happen with any age layer, but more common with new or older layers.

I think it's explained in this excellent video, which is worth watching regardless:

What's inside?

Fairy, fart, wind, rooster eggs are usually from a tiny piece of tissue breaking loose from the reproductive tract, or an immature ova(yolk) and the body forms an egg around it. Color can be darker than 'normal' as the pigment coating released has to cover a much smaller area so is thicker. Can happen with any age layer, but more common with new or older layers.

I think it's explained in this excellent video, which is worth watching regardless:
Thanks! I’ve had chickens for four years and never got one.

What's inside?

I haven’t cracked it. I am starting to get more eggs now since it warmed up some.

Back
Top Bottom