little feathered genuises!

The crow. I have never heard of battery chickens before. I also feel that battery chickens are not useless but I am looking at them as pet more then a productive egg layer point of view. Of corse I'm one of those that will keep their hens until they go of old age. I completely understand that is not everyones view, some feel that once they stop laying that they are done with the hen. Everyone is different and is intitled their own opinion :)

The crow. I have never heard of battery chickens before. I also feel that battery chickens are not useless but I am looking at them as pet more then a productive egg layer point of view. Of corse I'm one of those that will keep their hens until they go of old age. I completely understand that is not everyones view, some feel that once they stop laying that they are done with the hen. Everyone is different and is intitled their own opinion :)

I also look at battery hens as pets:) All of my chickens are pets, and, soon, maybe not even for breeding. Just pets, purely!:) I get too attached to everything to see they don't produce and decide to kill them.

I do not get why my brother thinks battery chickens are useless
idunno.gif

What are battery chickens?

They are hens that are packed as tightly into small metal cages as possible, they are used for the egg industry and a terribly abused, not well fed, and they are as unhealthy as it is possible, free range eggs or not. All the eggs people get at grocery stores are from battery hens.

Not all of the eggs at grocery stores come from battery/caged hens. There are a lot of eggs produced in large commercial houses that the hens roam all over the building.

And you might like to know that California has passed laws that are forcing their egg producers to house their hens in much larger cages.

Not all of the eggs at grocery stores come from battery/caged hens. There are a lot of eggs produced in large commercial houses that the hens roam all over the building.

And you might like to know that California has passed laws that are forcing their egg producers to house their hens in much larger cages.

Thats great to hear they passed a law

Free range means 20,000 or more chickens in a shed, trust me, I've seen it. It's never EVER a humane anything, they don't even get slaughtered nicely.

Back
Top Bottom