little feathered genuises!

This is Sugar ,she almost got to be a bait dog in a dogg figting ring, but I rescued her before they got their hands on her

This is Sugar ,she almost got to be a bait dog in a dogg figting ring, but I rescued her before they got their hands on her

That is good that you are saving dogs and cats, it's far from a bad thing. I just don't want people to leave cows, pigs, and chickens behind because they don't think they're as important. But I am glad you rescue dogs and cats from such horrible situations.

Videos and pictures are usually posted by animal rights activists that only want to show the public the very worst things they can find in the industry.

I have worked on a commercial breeding farm and in commercial layer houses. I admit the hens do not live the samr type of life that your hens do, but my chickens don't live like yours do either.

Commercial hens are very well taken care of. They are fed a special ration of feed that promotes egg laying, without the hens getting fat. Random hens are weighed each week to make sure they are all getting enough to eat. They have fresh water at all times. In the summer, there are misters that spray a real fine mist of water on th hens to keep them cool. Huge industrial fans blow on the hens after they have been misted. In the winter time the houses are not allowed to cool below about 50*.

So while they have to work hard for a living, they are cool in the summer and warm in the winter, well fed and never thirsty.

It's great to hear that some places are stepping up and not putting these chickens thru horrible conditions thanks for the info it was good to hear:)

It's important to save all animals. But not everyone, can save livestock where they live. Mainly because, for some reason, chickens and waterfowl, are considered livestock. Where many states and ordinances, won't let you have five chickens in city limits. But yet, hordes can have twenty, to thirty cats and dogs. That's not right! Three of my dogs, are rescue animals.

Last edited:
It's important to save all animals. But not everyone, can save livestock where they live. Mainly because, for some reason, chickens and waterfowl, are considered livestock. Where many states and ordinances, won't let you have five chickens in city limits. But yet, hordes can have twenty, to thirty cats and dogs. That's not right! Three of my dogs, are rescue animals.
I completely agree! I never thought about that hoarders have tons of cats or dogs in bad conditions yet someone can't have a few chickens being actually taken care of.

Colorparakeet I love your passion for animals! I worry about the other animals like you said cows horse pigs and chicks being stuck out in bad conditions, I worry more that a few are such big animals and like nickyknack said you can't even have them in some city limits, that it makes it hard for them to find homes :( I'm so happy to hear from people that raise chickens even for eggs or meat that still make sure they are being taken care of it would be nice if all businesses were like you guys and took care of the animals! Maybe someday they will until then it's great that all you guys are stepping up and taking care of the ones you can!

Back
Top Bottom