little giant 9300

I've placed the eggs to either side of heater/fan, does this seem correct?

I would place them directly under element and put clear plastic sensor directly above them. Mine in that area hatched first and seemed to be healthiest. I put my digital thermostat on 103.5. Do u have egg turner?

I did eggtopsy on the 6 that didnt hatch. 5 were fully grown but shrink wrapped. I will not open the bator after lockdown again

I did eggtopsy on the 6 that didnt hatch. 5 were fully grown but shrink wrapped. I will not open the bator after lockdown again

I learned this technique from a fellow BYC member. I was skeptical at first, but it works well. The newly hatched chicks can't knock the remaining eggs all over the bator which can negatively affect the hatch rate.

The chicks have no problem getting out of the eggs this way, you do have to do some redneck engineering on the egg carton.

Oh no so sorry about the shrink wrapped chicks Bamadude, so frustrating had that happen with my last batch, if it happens to me again, I'm going to start pipping them day 22 instead of waiting.
Rocky Rhodes how did you turn them? I read somewhere that this was the best way to incubate and hatch shipped eggs. Are the bottoms cut out of the carton too? Thanks for posting the photo, love red neck ingenuity!

Oh no so sorry about the shrink wrapped chicks Bamadude, so frustrating had that happen with my last batch, if it happens to me again, I'm going to start pipping them day 22 instead of waiting.
Rocky Rhodes how did you turn them? I read somewhere that this was the best way to incubate and hatch shipped eggs. Are the bottoms cut out of the carton too? Thanks for posting the photo, love red neck ingenuity!

I used an automatic turner until day 18 and then I placed them in the egg carton with the airsac up.(FAT END UP) You would need to cut out the bottoms and remove some from the sides. I also cut some from the ends of the lid of the carton to make "feet" to elevate the carton enough so that the eggs are not touching on the bottoms.

This is how I start... then I cut down the sides of each cell to allow more airflow.

Like I said in my previous post, I was afraid to try this for a while but after I tried it, I wouldn't do it any other way. They pip, zip, pop and flop and never disturb their unhatched siblings.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom