Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
Okay. I am so freaked out right now. I just had a major fluctuation in temp. It kept rising till 106.2 then went back down after 30 mins to 102.5 to 103.5. my other thermometer was reading around 105 then Dropped back down to 97. I am so confused. I am waiting for the incutherm and I will just be using that. My eggs are in their and I am just freaking out. What to do?
I wouldn't freak to much. If those thermometers were messuring the fluctuating air temp thay short of time shouldn't be an issue.

An egg has thermal mass and it takes awhile to heat the embryo in the egg to those temps.

I have a reptipro 6000 that Will do the same thing.
I set temp for 100 and hsd a spot check thermometer and it would read 105-106. About thru bator in trash. But let batch finish and had a good hatch.
I think you'll be fine.

Good luck

Update: The second pip in the 9300 has hatched, and the first pip in the 9200 has hatched as well. I have 3-4 others piped right now, I'll post more pictures when I get more to hatch.

Pip 2 just began zipping!
celebrate.gif
Congrats on your hatch!

First one to hatch! I've been a little busy this morning to update, the little guy was giving me a hard time. He woke me up at 5:00 a.m peeping to the high heavens, I checked and saw that he was zipping and didn't think anything of it. When I woke up at 7:00 this morning, he was all out of whack... only half way zipped and stuck to the shell. So, I checked the membrane and he was fine to rescue, 20 minutes later you have a beautiful Silver Laced Wyandotte and one late very late individual. lol I realized that I forgot to fill 2 of the channels in the 9300 because I didn't even see them on lockdown, and that's what caused the low humidity. After helping him, I filled the channels with hot water and now I can see condensation on the windows. Anyways, the other pip has yet to begin zipping and the 9200 has a pip now. Since I'm already late, I'll spend a little time keeping an eye on these guys this morning.
Awww how sweet and so very exciting.... Congrats Silkie Feet maybe I should read the rest of the posts on the thread lol.

One of my eggs was cracked :( So now I have 6 speckled sussex eggs out of the 8 shipped.

Chicks are piping and zipping left and right this morning! I've went from 5 chicks last night to 13 this morning. Just a helpful tip: don't keep two incubators in your room on hatch day if you intend to get any sleep. I'm probably going to have another rescue mission later tonight, one of the chicks piped in the middle of the egg and has tried to re-position by pipping slightly above the first one; both pips have traces of blood on the membrane. What's strange is that none of the Rhode Island Reds have hatched yet, I've heard of different breeds having different incubation times? As you can see, I still have plenty more eggs to hatch and quite a few already piped.
th.gif

Awesome cute little fuzzy butts. This is egg-citing. Good luck with the rest of your hatch. Looking forward to seeing the more pics throughout today.

Back
Top Bottom