Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
Ross, still air? Correct if so.
yippiechickie.gif

So question. At lockdown I need to keep temp at 101-102 and increase humidity to 65-75%? I will be going into lockdown on Sunday so I am just checking. And I am going to hatch 4 with moving air cells in the carton and the other laying flat.
Sounds good to me. Some people do decrease temp a degree, I never do. Good luck!! Hope you get a great hatch!!

My first chick just hatched! On day 19 :eek:
It looks like a Silkie, Sizzle or Silkie mix. I hadn't heard any peeping from the 'bator, like they normally do when they pip. A couple of minutes ago, someone started cheeping. I went over to look in anticipation for a pip, and there was a little chick looking back at me :love

My first chick just hatched! On day 19
ep.gif

It looks like a Silkie, Sizzle or Silkie mix. I hadn't heard any peeping from the 'bator, like they normally do when they pip. A couple of minutes ago, someone started cheeping. I went over to look in anticipation for a pip, and there was a little chick looking back at me
love.gif
thumbsup.gif
That's the best way. Before you even know it...lol

ep.gif

It looks like a Silkie, Sizzle or Silkie mix. I hadn't heard any peeping from the 'bator, like they normally do when they pip. A couple of minutes ago, someone started cheeping. I went over to look in anticipation for a pip, and there was a little chick looking back at me
love.gif

Great! Keep 'em comin'!

ep.gif

love.gif
How exciting!!!!! I can't wait for mine!!! 3 more days till lockdown!!!

My first chick just hatched! On day 19 :eek:
It looks like a Silkie, Sizzle or Silkie mix. I hadn't heard any peeping from the 'bator, like they normally do when they pip. A couple of minutes ago, someone started cheeping. I went over to look in anticipation for a pip, and there was a little chick looking back at me :love

SO awesome!! Congratulations!!! We need pictures ;)

SO awesome!! Congratulations!!! We need pictures ;)

Ditto!!!!

I broke down and bought chicks today- there were some at my local co op that were too irrestible to pass up. - and I haven't had the best hatches:hit
And by best- I mean zippo.

I also ordered some from mypetchicken last week - so this is what I have at home now

2 EE
2 Delaware
3 bantam Cochin
1 polish bantam frizzle
1 polish bantam barred

And come the end of the month from Mpc

2 Copper Marrans
3 mystery chicks
2 Mille fleur bantam

In the bator:

6 Silkies
1 Araucanas
6 favaucanas

I am going to try one more time at the end of the month to hatch out serama and maran eggs .

ep.gif

love.gif
And, what was your humidity? Congratulations. Lock down for me tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom