Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
Lol, I tried to get a little snapper out of the road once and it about got me... I left that thing. I'm down to 27 chicks, with two peeping in the 9300. Hoping for pips soon, that incubator is starting to stink bad :fl

Oh my goodness, what cuties!!! Great job!!

@fiset94 - have you candled or tried the float test? If your temps were low, they say that could delay hatch. Good luck!!

I'm picking up lavender orpington eggs on Thursday or Friday.... let's do it all over again!

@fiset94 What kind if dog is your avatar pic? That's too cute... My Lucy Boxer (not the one in my avatar pic), kissed my duck when it was a baby. She grew a disliking of them all after they started free ranging. I put the duckling in the sink and Lucy was whining about why it was in there squwacking. She kept looking at me like get it out of there it's going to drown. But, it didn't and she licked it dry. It was a pretty cute thing to witness.

Lol, I tried to get a little snapper out of the road once and it about got me... I left that thing. I'm down to 27 chicks, with two peeping in the 9300. Hoping for pips soon, that incubator is starting to stink bad
fl.gif
My farm innovators one is stinking pretty raunchy... Hope I can last that one out another 2-3 weeks before the Sussex hatch... Pheew that's a hot mess in there. lol

Congratulations on the hatch though it's awesome and chicks are so cute. Sorry you didn't really get reds though.

Last edited:
I have tried the float test last night and I did have a couple wigglers... I am going to try that again tonight before I call it quits... I have also candled them.. .but do not see any movement. :(

I have 2 dogs.. the one in my avi.. .is my almost 5 year old Boxer.. he has been raised with our Nigerian Dwarf Goats and Chickens... He is SO docile toward them. They literally can sit on his head and he doesn't flinch. - He is an inside dog- but in the summer time spends 95% of his time outside.

My other dog is an old English bulldog- He just turned a year and is a HOT ticket... he will chase anything that comes close.. I can't tell you how many times that the goats have gave him a good hard head butt and yet ... he keeps going back to them... he does not try to bite or really run them down.. he is just always sniffing in their back business!! and they are like... Back off DOG!!

I have tried the float test last night and I did have a couple wigglers... I am going to try that again tonight before I call it quits... I have also candled them.. .but do not see any movement. :(

I have 2 dogs.. the one in my avi.. .is my almost 5 year old Boxer.. he has been raised with our Nigerian Dwarf Goats and Chickens... He is SO docile toward them. They literally can sit on his head and he doesn't flinch. - He is an inside dog- but in the summer time spends 95% of his time outside.

My other dog is an old English bulldog- He just turned a year and is a HOT ticket... he will chase anything that comes close.. I can't tell you how many times that the goats have gave him a good hard head butt and yet ... he keeps going back to them... he does not try to bite or really run them down.. he is just always sniffing in their back business!! and they are like... Back off DOG!!
I was thinking he was a boxer but, didn't want to guess and be wrong. Gorgeous boy you have there. There's a difference I think being raised with them and not. My dogs were first the chickens and ducks came second. It's very hard to get them past that. I did have a few suggest to me to buy the bark collar with the remote and if they tried to get to close to give them a warning signal. But, I haven't tried that yet. It's like the last resort if correcting them this summer doesn't work. Rowdy the boxer in my avatar pic is deaf he has to see the no sign. But when the chase is on there is nothing that stops him but the end of the chain or a giant football tackle (no not really but something pretty similar) lol.
Good luck with your eggs. I will keep thinking positive that both of our incubators do well. I hope everything works out for the good in there. Also hope the float test goes well. I was thinking about candling again this evening myself so I could take pics this time for help with the air cell. Since today is like day 9. So I may do that as soon as it gets a little darker here. We were busy today here building the chicken run. Supposed to be in the late 60's to mid 70's this week and I want to acclimate the bigger chicks to the outdoors for a couple hours each evening.

Back
Top Bottom