Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
Some are dry and some are still wet. They are popping pretty well now that hatch day has arrived. I have lost count but I think it is about 35 chicks so far. Some pictures...

I had posted that lock down had started, however cant get temp up or the humidity.. I did not have this problem with the last batch in the LG. I have added some paper towels like others have stated. I will see if that works. It has been almost 12 hours since I have been in lock down and starting to worry I have killed my eggs. I may have to move them in with the other eggs in the hovabator.

I had posted that lock down had started, however cant get temp up or the humidity.. I did not have this problem with the last batch in the LG. I have added some paper towels like others have stated. I will see if that works. It has been almost 12 hours since I have been in lock down and starting to worry I have killed my eggs. I may have to move them in with the other eggs in the hovabator.

About what is your room temperature where the incubator is located?

Some are dry and some are still wet. They are popping pretty well now that hatch day has arrived. I have lost count but I think it is about 35 chicks so far. Some pictures...

That's awesome! Congrats on all the fluff butts!!

I doubt that you have killed them. Think positively. What is your temp and humidity at this point? Try adding a sponge with HOT water on it. Hopefully this will add to both the humidity and temp.

So my eggs are still lifeless. .. but my kids were antsy so I stopped by the local farm store. And picked up some new friends. At day 22 what would you do with the eggs in my incubator? I candled them yesterday and saw no movement.... candle them again? Open them up? Leave them alone? I think next go I'm going to try ducks. I have a lady that has fertile eggs when ever I'm ready. I wish I knew what happened to the chick's.

Last edited:
So my eggs are still lifeless. .. but my kids were antsy so I stopped by the local farm store. And picked up some new friends. At day 22 what would you do with the eggs in my incubator? I candled them yesterday and saw no movement.... candle them again? Open them up? Leave them alone? I think next go I'm going to try ducks. I have a lady that has fertile eggs when ever I'm ready. I wish I knew what happened to the chick's.
Personally I'd give them to the end of day 23, then candle and if no internal pips or movement I would start the eggtopsy in the air cell end to be sure and see if I could garner any info as to why.

Last edited:
A quick update on "psycho chick" heehee... Her "fits" seem to have stopped. I watched her for quite a while yesterday evening and she never scratched her own neck again and it seems to be healing nicely. So I took the tape off her feet. I was going to change it anyway, because I know their feet grow so rapidly, I didn't want to impede that. I'm happy that she seems to be recovering. I did try putting her in with the other 9, but they saw the wound immediately and started pecking her, so I pulled her back out. I hate that she is alone, but they are next to each other, and they all watch each other. I did have a little photo shoot with her. Look how adorable....

A quick update on "psycho chick" heehee... Her "fits" seem to have stopped. I watched her for quite a while yesterday evening and she never scratched her own neck again and it seems to be healing nicely. So I took the tape off her feet. I was going to change it anyway, because I know their feet grow so rapidly, I didn't want to impede that. I'm happy that she seems to be recovering. I did try putting her in with the other 9, but they saw the wound immediately and started pecking her, so I pulled her back out. I hate that she is alone, but they are next to each other, and they all watch each other. I did have a little photo shoot with her. Look how adorable....
She is a cutie. Glad to hear that she is doing better.

Back
Top Bottom