Little Giant Incubator Tricks

My little giant incubator is reading 199 degrees when I got it set fir 99.5 I took the lid off and its cold any suggestions on what's broke and what I need to order
If it is at 99 degrees that is ok. You wrote 199 so not sure. I would say you may need a new thermostat.

I am on day 20 and ever since I took the egg turner out my temperature is really bouncing all over. From 98 to 100.6. Everything is shut down and no window is open or sun shining on it. Any ideas! Will they be okay! Still no pipping yet.

I am on day 20 and ever since I took the egg turner out my temperature is really bouncing all over. From 98 to 100.6. Everything is shut down and no window is open or sun shining on it. Any ideas! Will they be okay! Still no pipping yet.

They should be ok. What is the humidity?

If you heard peeping then the chick has internally pipped. Your humidity is ok. They may start hatching tonight.

I also wanted to add, that we never rely on the incubator temperature/humidity readings. We use another reliable, calibrated
temperature and hygrometer. Goodluck with your Hatch! Sounds like they are starting make their way...yippee!

I do have an thermometer with hydrgrometer in the incubator, maybe it's misfunctioning. I am day 22 and have a 2nd one pipping. I wonder if the fact that these were shipped eggs and my temps have been goofy if this accounts for the late hatch? I have never had late hatchings. Wonder if anymore will hatch. Thanks.

I do have an thermometer with hydrgrometer in the incubator, maybe it's misfunctioning. I am day 22 and have a 2nd one pipping. I wonder if the fact that these were shipped eggs and my temps have been goofy if this accounts for the late hatch? I have never had late hatchings. Wonder if anymore will hatch. Thanks.

If the temperature was a bit low the eggs can hatch a day or two late. If the humidity is too high during incubation prior to lockdown, when the chicks internally pip they can drown from condensation that can build up in the air call.. During incubation I keep my humidity around 35% and when I put the eggs in the hatchers, I raise it to around 75%. This is what has worked best for me.

I have 2 chicks and a 3rd one that was the 2nd one to pip. It's going on 36 hours. I can see his beak poking out. My humidity was down this morning so I added more water via a straw. At what Point do you help? Happy Easter!

I have 2 chicks and a 3rd one that was the 2nd one to pip. It's going on 36 hours. I can see his beak poking out. My humidity was down this morning so I added more water via a straw. At what Point do you help? Happy Easter!

If you have some tweezers, carefully pick the shell off but stop if you see any blood vessels. It shouldn't take more than 24 hrs from pip to hatch at the most. Pick it around like a chick would when it zips. You will need some paper towels, tissue, cotton, Q-tip or something you can dip in warm water in case it is stuck and carefully moisten the area until it comes loose. I often mist my eggs with warm water in a sprayer. It doesn't hurt to open the lid as long as you mist to help them from getting stuck. A broody will get off a next at least once a day for awhile to eat drink and poop.Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom