Little Giant Incubator Tricks

So with your advice the chick is safely out of its shell. Well hopefully safely. What an amazing process. The chick is pretty weak which seems like most newly hatched ones are. It was trying to walk but laying down again. I opened up incubator to put some dry paper towels under him. Will he (hopefully she) take longer to recover? Thank you.

So with your advice the chick is safely out of its shell. Well hopefully safely. What an amazing process. The chick is pretty weak which seems like most newly hatched ones are. It was trying to walk but laying down again. I opened up incubator to put some dry paper towels under him. Will he (hopefully she) take longer to recover? Thank you.
I'm so happy to hear that your chicks are hatching...I'm awaiting some chicks to hatch as well. I'm also having incubator issues...it's so stressful...

These were shipped eggs and the package went awol a few days. Very bad hatch rate which makes me sad. The one I helped out is still hanging on. Her eyes are open and she is standing up periodically. Hopefully in the morning she will be good! I hope your hatch goes well. It is a pretty stressful time!

I see it's been a long time since anyone has posted on this thread. I have some eggs set to hatch in one of my styrofoam incubator/hatchers. Good luck to all others who are incubating and hatching.

I'm assuming the old style non digital bator.

You glue the milk cap on the temp. Knob it allows for finer adjustment of the temp.

Those old knob are touchy.
I realize this is an older post but instead of glue I use a tiny screw and put a small hole in the middle of the milk cap and put the screw into the thermostat knob. There is a picture somewhere in this thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/little-giant-incubator-tricks.601352/page-5#post-7979046

Quote:

I'm really struggling getting the humidity up. Other than the fan, I have the same set up. Instead of 1 jar, I have 3! My humidity, with the same hygrometer you have, is sitting around 45%! There is even fog on part of the windows. Should I consider my hygrometer to be malfunctioning? I'm in a bit of panic at the moment because of the low humidity. There isn't much more water I could add.

Maybe your hygrometer is off. Have you calibrated them? I had another hygrometer I was using and I couldn't get the humidity to read higher than 50% during lockdown so I decided to do the calibration test and it wouldn't go any higher when I did the test so then I did have another one I put in there. I would think if there is moisture on your viewing panes then surely the humidity is higher than you think.
HI. There how do you calibrate the thing for humidity? In my LG I can't get the humidity down, first time I used it was good, now after cleaning it for the second batch, it's all wonky I only have 1 channel with water, so frustrating :((

Back
Top Bottom