Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

I need to increase the height on my try sides as well, I had one roaming around through the baskets last time.

That's a good idea on locking the silkies down a day early, I've been locking them down in the afternoon of Day 17 just to be safe.
I had taken out 5 racks so they had that whole area with a rubber mat, but lo and behold, that large black one somehow crawled up on top the three racks of eggs in there and splatted itself right on top of them. Your chicks are so unruly Tink! The silkies didn't do any such thing! ☺️

I had taken out 5 racks so they had that whole area with a rubber mat, but lo and behold, that large black one somehow crawled up on top the three racks of eggs in there and splatted itself right on top of them. Your chicks are so unruly Tink! The silkies didn't do any such thing! ☺️
They can't help themselves! Only the toughest survive shipping! 🤣 they learned from Day 1 that only the strongest survive

t-rex dinosaurs GIF by StoryBots

After the Marans hatch I'm thinking about ordering fertile Brahma eggs unless I find a Roo in the neighborhood 🤔 Our neighborhood consists of 2 to 5 aces plots so it may take awhile. What's your opinion? I always appreciate your advice.

I'd go for eggs, since you recently brought over a boy. When it comes to biosecurity, eggs are safer. You can get some really good show lines too!

Back
Top Bottom