Locations where you can get Purina Duck Feed

Quote:
So do I since I started this post quite a while ago my local Southern States dealer (indepentent owner) went out of business due to the local poultry processing plant closing. You stop buying food and dump chickens when that happenns.

That just sucks.
sad.png

Quote:
In crumbles???

I can only get it in pellets. I'm worried about when I'm going to be able to switch my new Call ducklings over to it - I don't want to feed them the high-protein starter for too long, but I don't know when they're going to be able to handle those big pellets.
hmm.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
In crumbles???

I can only get it in pellets. I'm worried about when I'm going to be able to switch my new Call ducklings over to it - I don't want to feed them the high-protein starter for too long, but I don't know when they're going to be able to handle those big pellets.
hmm.png

Oh crap Ive lost my mind.... (well Im at work, should be workin )
No I get pellets..... !! geez...... and I have calls and they did not have a problem at all switching them from
crumbles.... they pretty much dove right in... I switched at about 6-7 wks....
k better get back to work..
smile.png
smile.png

The floating food is wonderful but expensive. I have not seen it in a while though.
sad.png

My ducks alslo love TSC hog pellets. Will it kill them?
hmm.png

My local feed co-op has the Purina duck and waterfowl feeds, I am in Northern Indiana. They do not carry it in stock not enough people around here have ducks, but if I request an order, they always order it for me, and usually a couple extra bags, they know I am always off on needed quantities. I have only ever ordered the starter and grower, both in crumbles.

Once they are adults it is just more cost effective to go with Layena pellets, they are about $5 less a 50 lb bag for me. In winter when there is little to no forage $5 a bag adds up very fast. They also get cheap cat and dog food in the winter along with pellets.

Quote:
In crumbles???

hmm.png

Oh crap Ive lost my mind.... (well Im at work, should be workin )
No I get pellets..... !! geez...... and I have calls and they did not have a problem at all switching them from
crumbles.... they pretty much dove right in... I switched at about 6-7 wks....
k better get back to work..
smile.png
smile.png

Phew - okay. I was ready to start calling Purina to try and find the crumble version.
smile.png

I have an adult Call that I picked up at a swap who was sickly and malnourished when I got him (I think he'd probably been on a cracked corn only diet) I remember the first time I gave him the grower pellets, he gulped them down and then started coughing and choking on them! And then he stood there washing them down with water for like 10 minutes, it scared me half to death. He does okay on them now though (and he's filled out into a gorgeous bird).
smile.png

I'll remember the 6-7 weeks. I switch my other ducks to the grower at around 3 weeks, so I may try it a little earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom