Locations where you can get Purina Duck Feed

Quote:
gig.gif
lau.gif

My feed store (Cheshire Horse) is in Keene, NH and sells the purina duck grower. It comes in pellets only and you can also wet it when the birds are younger if your worried about them choking.

I asked the feedstore here about it and they asked their salesman and he had never heard of it.. It must only be available up north.. Wish I could get it..

any authorised Purina Dealer can get it pretty much any where, they just dont want to, or dont want the hassle of dealing with a special order. Their game bird chows are the same thing and work just as well if they dont want to , or say they cant get the duck line. Also if it's just domestics, you are just fine on their run of the mill Layena..

Quote:
I switched to the purina gamebird a few weeks ago after the mazuri feed just got to expensive to justify buying. The ducks seem to like it fine after a few days of an adjustment period where they refused to eat it. The only problem is that the gamebird feed in my area is crumbles. Apparently in some areas of the country they are crumbles and others carry it in pellets. I really wish I could just find a good pelleted food that is not $35 a bag.

When I checked on the duck chow they said that if they found it and had it shipped it would be expensive.. I'm paying 28.50 for 50 pound bag of mazuri waterfowl maintence right now.. another feed store charges 33.00 for 50 lb.

The first time I went to my feed store and bought Purina Duck Grower (they keep it in stock) it cost $11.95 for a 50-pound bag.
smile.png

Now, four years later, it costs $14.95 for a 50-pound bag - it just keeps slowly creeping up.
sad.png

We finally had to switch over from Mazuri. With 18 geese and 50 ducks, we just can't justify the cost of $40 for a 50 lb bag anymore. Its a real shame too. We can get Purina Duck Grower for $16 for 50 lbs but then we have to pay $25 for shipping. UGH!

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom