Lockdown

Congrats! When to take them out is a personal decision. Many don't remove chicks until the hatch is finished. A good share remove them after they have fluffed up. Then there's those of us that move them to the brooder as they hatch and become active in the incubator. Find what's comfortable for you.

Congrats! When to take them out is a personal decision. Many don't remove chicks until the hatch is finished. A good share remove them after they have fluffed up. Then there's those of us that move them to the brooder as they hatch and become active in the incubator. Find what's comfortable for you.

Me I leave them in there till they are about ready to lay or Crow----LOL.

I had 4 hatch on a Saturday and nothing else was happening, no pips on anything else by Sun morning so i took all 4 out they were fluffed and dry. Candled all eggs at that time. Had another pip when I woke Mon (this morning at 6am) still waiting at almost 5pm. Think I will name her number five, like movie short circuit lol

Thanks so much everyone for all your help. I have 8 beutiful baby chicks :) I'm feeling super happy and proud, this was my first time incubating and I only had 8 eggs to work with. I put them all in and turned them 3 times a day everyday on the dot 4 were fridge eggs and the other 4 were fresh nest ones. I feel so lucky to have them all hatch and it was a really amazing thing to watch I can't wait to set my next lot :)
#happymumma

Thanks so much everyone for all your help. I have 8 beutiful baby chicks :) I'm feeling super happy and proud, this was my first time incubating and I only had 8 eggs to work with. I put them all in and turned them 3 times a day everyday on the dot 4 were fridge eggs and the other 4 were fresh nest ones. I feel so lucky to have them all hatch and it was a really amazing thing to watch I can't wait to set my next lot :)
#happymumma

Congrats! That's excellent!

#happymumma

Congrats, 8 out of 8 is awesome! Enjoy them!

My Babies :)

Back
Top Bottom