Long Islanders.... I know you are out there

As a follow up: chestnutvale has once a week delivery to my area, everything came on time and as ordered. No muss, no fuss, no shlepping and great selection. Will be using them again in the future.

I know this is a shot in the dark but I'm throwing it out there anyway. We are looking for a copper Maran pullet / hen about 15 or so weeks old. We are only looking for 1 so if anyone has one they would like trade, sell or need to rehome please let me know.

Hi, hi, Long Island Chicken people. I just found the LI post - but I had also put this in the NY thread. I am a super new chicken mom, from Huntington. Right now I have 13 chickies ranging from 6 weeks to 8.5 weeks, in my brooder pen while I finish up some landscaping and work on the coop.
Chicken math did me in. I wound up having a hard time deciding on breeds, so basically ended up with one of each of the breeds I was wanting - with the exception of 1 double (a Favacauna) that was a "packing companion" along with a white Cochin, for a Jubilee Orpington replacement chick. The original chick passed within 24 hrs, and as luck would have it, the replacement was DOA, so I ended up with the 2 'extras'. I'm holding out hope that they are all pullets, but am stressing out on a couple in fear they may be roos (a Light Brahma and my beloved Speckled Sussex).
So that's my story - and I'm sticking to it, lol!! It's nice to meet you all!!

IMG_9047.JPG
IMG_9022.JPG IMG_9025.JPG IMG_9026.JPG
Just as a follow up: here is the completed coop and run and the girls all grown up and on the cusp of laying.

IMG_9026.JPG
IMG_9025.JPG
IMG_9022.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9025.JPG
    IMG_9025.JPG
    808.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom