Look what was in our coop! added picture

Rocky Top Chick

Songster
10 Years
Feb 2, 2009
North Carolina
Cooper's Hawk. This hawk had to go through 2 doors and a pop door. All chickens were outside under a bush and it was inside the coop going crazy ! His talons were about 2 inches long. After a "Jesus" talk we let him go and told him never to return !

Last edited:
That IS crazy!! I lean a board up against the pop door when my birds free range. That way they can run in but a hawk would hopefully think twice about entering. I don't know if it really helps but it does give me peace of mind. Now that he knows he can get in there he may try again. You could also hang some strips of something over the pop door.

WOW
th.gif

Glad everyone was ok

We have a lot of little birds flying around our chickens because we have leland cypress trees around the coop. Hopefully, he was aiming for one of those and just became confused. Believe me, he was not talking very nicely to me when I was taking pictures. After we let him go all our crows returned. I had a little talk with them as well, telling them that they are not allowed to leave for any more day trips. They have to leave someone behind to take care of chasing these hawks off
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom