Looking for a cute puppy

FarmersPantry

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 21, 2011
I am looking for a puppy; young that I can purchase from the breeder. It doesn't really matter what type of puppy or whether it is a purebred.

My boyfriend and I have just bought a new house in the country and have 3 acres and would love to welcome a little puppy in to keep us company.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

If breed doesn't matter, consider adopting one from your local animal shelter or a rescue organization. There are lots of unwanted dogs out there waiting for a forever home.

I groomed dogs for years and I can vouch for the rescue dogs. They seem to really appreciate having a good home. We have a lab, a rat terrier, and a JRT. The jack and the rat were rescued. One had heart worms the other chewed things. Both of these dogs like being farm puppies!

Purebred or not does not really matter. However it will make a difference in what you are looking for in a dog. many puppies are cute but they all grow up and have specific needs.

I think that you should take some time and do some research first of what you and your boyfriend are looking for in a dog. it will give you time to find a vet, get a fence,research training a dog and so many other things to do with the dog.
Good luck!

Before you impulsively take a pup into your new home, please do some research and find what breed would be best for you and your lifestyle. You want it to work out I'm sure.

Last edited:
Make sure you don't get a puppy just cuz it's cute...lol...we brought home an ADORABLE chow cross puppy once. Cutest thing ever
love.gif
. But I couldn't train him. At all. Very stubborn. Smart, but stubborn
roll.png

I'd go for a shelter pup first, if you can (or a responsible dog breeder).

Preforming a basic ''temperament test'' is a good idea too. (gives you an idea what kind of personality the dog has/will have) http://www.workingdogs.com/testing_volhard.htm

Good
luck choosing your puppy!!
smile.png

PuppyBC

Last edited:
There is no such thing as a good breeder that sells mutts
smile.png

Go to your local humane society and save a life. They will love you for the rest of their life for giving them a chance - I would know. Just about all of my house pets are rescues and I wouldn't have it any other way
love.gif

shelter pups are the best, i can vouch for that. i "rescued" 3 purebred dogs from a friend who was going to dump them, ( eventually rehomed them) and over the years i have had 4 shelter dogs. shelter dogs FTW.

Back
Top Bottom